Talk

Advanced search

Am I out?

(10 Posts)
donewithbeingpreg Sun 26-Jul-20 11:15:18

My partner and I have been trying for baby #2 this month, and so far (according to my apps estimate) I am around 11dpo today.

I've been taking FRER tests almost everyday since about 7dpo and all negative. I keep seeing what I THINK are lines, but weren't because today it was exactly the same. I think my eyes are making lines.

My period is 3- 5 days late (not entirely sure)
I've been getting loads of pregnancy symptoms, and no sign of period coming as my usual period symptoms are not there.

Again, I'm 11dpo and a first response test is negative. Am I out this month??? sad

OP’s posts: |
pinklady1207 Sun 26-Jul-20 11:54:57

I had 2 lines on 2 FRER’s last month and wasn’t pregnant, from reading this is becoming quite common from them confused Try a digital, no squinting needed then x

Curiosity101 Sun 26-Jul-20 13:00:13

I'm not sure you can be 11DPO and 3-5 days late on your period at the same time. If you were then it would make your luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period) 6-8 days long. Normally the day a person ovulates each month can vary, but the luteal phase tends to be consistent. The average luteal phase length is 12-14 days. So you may not be late yet.

Is your DPO only an estimate or did you do some tests to confirm it?

My hope/guess is that you ovulated late and therefore are testing too early. And you're certainly not out unless your period arrives.

Good luck!

donewithbeingpreg Sun 26-Jul-20 17:28:14

So yeah the ovulation was just an estimate. But from the days after that, I was actually taking ovulation tests and they were negative so I must have ovulated before then. My cycles are shorter than average but still fertile so my period was due 3 days ago ish

donewithbeingpreg Sun 26-Jul-20 17:29:18

Unless, sad to say, I didn't ovulate at all and my period is just irregular this month sad

RMarieClaire Sun 26-Jul-20 17:32:10

It does sound like either you ovulated late and so you're likely to have a longer cycle, or your luteal phase is short, which can hinder fertility.

I'd say if you're 11dpo go by that not the fact you're late and test again in a couple of days. Sometimes implantion doesn't happen till 12dpo.

SummerPeony Sun 26-Jul-20 17:33:40

How soon after ovulation does your period usually start?

donewithbeingpreg Sun 26-Jul-20 17:42:15

Thank you, and thank you for your quick response smile I've ran out of tests so I'll try again in 2 days (if i can be patient enough lol)

mummy2myJJ Sun 26-Jul-20 17:45:39

Nope, you're not out yet! Trying for baby number 2 since June , I tested Tuesday and got BFN and today got a BFP with a FRER and CB predicts 2-3 weeks... give it a few days and try another test, good luck xx

donewithbeingpreg Sun 26-Jul-20 18:17:07

Thank you, and congratulations!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏼 xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in