Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage after IVF

(4 Posts)
EssexYorkie Thu 23-Jul-20 07:51:42

Hello. I'm a first time poster. Just looking for any stories of hope really.

I have just turned 40 (was pregnant on my 40th birthday) after our first round of IVF ICSI. Egg retrieval was when I was aged 39. At the 7 week scan on Monday, there was no heartbeat and the baby was measuring a week behind where it should have been. I am now waiting to miscarry.

We are both a bit of a mess and not coping too well. We are very lucky to have three embryos frozen but at the moment I feel that exactly the same will happen with them, because of my old crappy eggs. We already have an 8 year old and have been TTC for over 2.5 years. I am very lucky to have our son, but I will be broken if I can never give him a sibling.

OP’s posts: |
delilabell Thu 23-Jul-20 07:53:38

I'm so sorry. I don't really have any advice but just wanted to send you lots of love flowers

eurochick Thu 23-Jul-20 08:51:53

I also miscarried from my first round of ivf. I did eventually go on to have a baby. It was a very tough time though as you invest so much - emotionally, financially, etc- into the cycle. Good luck with your Frosties.

EssexYorkie Thu 23-Jul-20 09:38:34

Thanks deliabell, I really appreciate your message.

eurochick - thank you and sorry to hear of your loss too. I'm just still in shock I think, the IVF went so well and then this. And more money to find just when we thought we had cracked it!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in