Talk

Advanced search

Not ovulating

(9 Posts)
lily986 Tue 21-Jul-20 11:07:12

So we have been trying for the last 8 months, started using clearblue advanced monitor 4 months ago,
so first 2 cycles it's saying peak on day 15, the last cycle I didn't get a peak and this month on day 18 no peak currently. Any suggestions?
Is there any vitamins etc I can take to help ovulation?
Obviously doctors won't look into it until a year, I'm also spotting for the last half of my cycle when I do ovulate!

OP’s posts: |
sylbunny Tue 21-Jul-20 11:16:14

The best way to definitely confirm ovulation is to do basal body temperature charting. I personally like fertility friend as an app for it. You need a basal body thermometer (Amazon) and take your temperature daily when you wake up at the same time. It must be done as soon as you wake up and before you move. After ovulation, you'll see your temperature shift up.

How long and how regular are your cycles? My cycles are 28-35 days and I ovulate anywhere between day 16 and day 23. The cycle I conceived my daughter, I never got a solid smiley on the clear blue digital - I just seem to have a very short peak in the hormone it detects

lily986 Tue 21-Jul-20 11:20:43

@sylbunny cycles are 29-32 days long, I do have a bbt thermometer but due to my daughter waking at like 4am and then going back to sleep, I found it hard to know when to do it! I should say this would be second baby.

Juno231 Tue 21-Jul-20 13:39:24

Does she always wake at 4am? If so I'd just take the temp then.
If not you could always get a progesterone test online to test on CD21 to see if you've ovulated. Saves you waiting a year for the nhs to do it for you. Mind you it probably costs around £50/60 to do it yourself.

lily986 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:09:31

No she wakes at random times through out the night still so I never know when I should be bbt! I'm tempted to get a online progesterone test- if I do will the doctors take note or not?
I'm wondering if on the days I was peaking whether I haven't been ovulating this whole time!

zippityzip Tue 21-Jul-20 14:12:43

Soy isoflavones apparently help. There's a lot of info online. Just use with caution.

I didn't think I was ovulating and bought some, turns out I was so never used them.

lily986 Tue 21-Jul-20 14:26:31

Thanks @zippityzip I'm mid 8th cycle and it's just getting me down especially as a few family and friends have announced they are expecting!

zippityzip Wed 22-Jul-20 07:23:57

@lily986 Good luck! It's hard I know. Another one to read up on is Agnus Castus and Myo Inositol. Obviously don't take them all at the same time but read up on which you think would help you most x

lily986 Wed 22-Jul-20 08:15:39

Thanks @zippityzip I'm having blood tests on Thursdays, to check hormones as I'm having spotting last half of cycle when I do ovulate, will be interesting to see whether that picks up anything as to why they lack of ovulation/ spotting!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in