Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy & Underactive Thyroid

(5 Posts)
bibs124 Fri 17-Jul-20 06:42:01

Morning everyone smile

I've just found out I'm pregnant, very early around the 4 week mark.. I'm going to call the doctor on Monday as I have an under active thyroid. I was just wondering if anyone had experience of pregnancy and UAT and could tell me what the general procedure is through pregnancy with medication etc?

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
pinklady1207 Fri 17-Jul-20 14:06:35

Hi and congratulations!

I have an under active thyroid too. Was diagnosed after having my eldest daughter. With my 2nd pregnancy, the differences were, regular blood tests to check thyroid levels, I had scans every 4 weeks after my 20 week one and I was under a consultant but only saw her once. My eldest was classed as a small baby which can be due to UAT, when I say small she was 6lb 5oz so I think that’s what the extra measures are for, my 2nd baby was 7lb 13oz so no concerns there. I found out yesterday that I am pregnant and I’m going to ring my Dr this afternoon, things might have changed since 6 years ago!

Happy to try answer any questions smile x

bibs124 Fri 17-Jul-20 14:08:47

@pinklady1207 thank you so much for your reply! Congratulations to you too! This is my first so I'm going to do another pregnancy test on Monday to triple check as I am in disbelief and then I will call the doctors.. will be interesting to know what your doctors say later, I'm thinking it may be different due to corona virus?

bibs124 Wed 22-Jul-20 12:02:09

@pinklady1207 hi, hope are doing well. Been for blood test today, and got antenatal apt booked in with endo for next week! All moving very quickly which is good to see. Has yours been booked in? Will we also be dealt with by midwife do you know? smile

pinklady1207 Thu 23-Jul-20 19:46:57

Hi!

I had bloods taken yesterday and follow up phone call with my GP this morning. I am going back on medication as previously stopped taking thyroxine so back on that now. Also been referred to the consultant, more than likely be a telephone appointment for that and will have bloods repeated in 6 weeks. I haven’t spoken to my midwives yet, going to leave it until the end of next week but my last pregnancy, I saw my local midwives and the consultant. Glad to hear things are moving quickly for you, seems more real once the appointments start happening doesn’t it! x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in