Talk

Advanced search

Trying to conceive after implant removal!

(4 Posts)
Mariaa1998 Wed 15-Jul-20 10:44:52

Hello I’m new to this site and I was wondering if anyone could help!
I got my implant removed on 22 June (had it in for 1.5 years) as we have decided to try for a second child!
I was on my period for nearly 3 weeks on the date I had it removed and it continued for another 4 days.
When should I be expecting my period to start/return? I don’t know ovulation dates etc because it was very irregular with the implant.
Don’t want to be disappointed if I get a negative test because of testing too early.
Thanks for reading!

OP’s posts: |
Curiosity101 Wed 15-Jul-20 11:10:13

I got my implant removed on the 4th June and counted the day I got my implant out as CD1. I had a withdrawal bleed a day or two after it was removed. My first real AF was on 26 days later, so presumably I ovulated 12-14 days after my implant was removed but I'm not tracking at the moment.

BerylSilverstone Wed 15-Jul-20 11:34:55

Hi!
I had mine removed 30th June, ttc number 3. I had no bleeding in the first days following removal but this Monday just past I started what seems like a light period. I’ve no idea if this is a withdrawal bleed after stopping nexplanon or if this is now my first cycle kicking in! I haven’t tracked ovulation so not sure what’s happening.
Good luck x

BerylSilverstone Wed 15-Jul-20 11:38:52

@Mariaa1998
Re. When periods etc may return. I think it can be quite variable but the nexplanon site seems to suggest most women’s natural fertility will be restored within about a month, and goes on to say it is unusual for someone to go longer than 2 months without their cycles returning
X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in