Talk

Advanced search

Day 40 of cycle, previous BFN

(6 Posts)
GusGus85 Mon 13-Jul-20 11:09:16

Hi everyone, looking for some advice to stop me going out of my mind a little! I’m currently about 9/10 days late on a very regular avg 31 day cycle and we have been ttc for about 8 months now (no pressure but just going with it if that makes sense) I have taken 2 tests so far, one at about 2 days late and one at 5 days late both have been BFN confused but it’s very unusual for me to be this late with absolutely no signs whatsoever apart from feeling a bit hot sometimes and some mild cramps. Advice please ladies just keep waiting for AF or keep testing? Have you experienced similar? I feel so sad seeing a bfn. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
PlanBea Mon 13-Jul-20 11:54:12

I usually have a 31-33 day cycle, which swings between 26 and 35 days, then had one random 67 day cycle. If your cycle was annovulatory, it can result in a longer cycle (not always, annovulatory can also be typical length depenfing on what's going on with hormones). One annovulatory cycle is typical and nothing to stress about, it they happen regularly then it would be a cause for concern.

The gp advice I was given was to test once a week until BFP or AF. Hopefully one of them arrived for you soon, the waiting is the worst bit!

GusGus85 Wed 15-Jul-20 10:25:32

Thank you so much for your reply. Day 41 I had some very light bleeding/spotting and now nothing again so I’m not sure what’s going on this time! I usually bleed for 5 or 6 days.

xoxochellexoxo Wed 15-Jul-20 12:09:12

Im sort of in the same boat my cycle varys from 28-40 days and im currently on cd 48 and still no sign of AF and like you have taken 2 test and both BFN.

GusGus85 Wed 15-Jul-20 12:14:48

So frustrating isn’t it, the waiting is constantly on your mind. I have a very regular cycle and never miss usually around 31 days. I had spotting and now nothing else but I won’t do any more tests yet just waiting for AF to arrive x

xoxochellexoxo Wed 15-Jul-20 12:23:43

I wish i could say i was regular, at this point id rather just have AF so i can start again

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in