Talk

Advanced search

Any help?

(5 Posts)
annahenr Thu 09-Jul-20 15:20:36

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong board - I wasn't sure were to post. Possible trigger.

I gave birth to my son back in March at 21 weeks when his heart stopped beating. I was very fortunate to get pregnant the first month of trying (same with my first child).

Prior to the pregnancy my periods were like clockwork and cycles lasted 28 days. Since my son was born I've had 3 periods but they cycles have been as long as 36 days!

I'm currently on day 13 of my current cycle and I've been experiencing some spotting when wiping and some dark red/brown discharge and I'm a little concerned. Is this another period starting already?! I'm worried something sinister is going on

For completeness I am not on birth control and this is the second month we have been TTC

OP’s posts: |
annahenr Thu 09-Jul-20 15:21:26

Should maybe add last week I had antibiotics for a UTI if that makes any sort of difference

PlanBea Thu 09-Jul-20 15:36:17

Hi, sorry to hear of your loss. There's a few things that can be causing this, stress can change your period length, and antibiotics can impact on your oestrogen dominance and shorten cycles.

Spotting could also be ovulation spotting but it does sound a bit heavy for that, it may just be mid cycle spotting as your hormones are still not settled yet. If it gets heavier than a typical period, get in touch with your doctor.

Everything is still really recent for your body to be dealing with, while your hormones go back to normal. It's absolutely normal that cycles are completely out of whack while your body gets over what it's been through. I hope you get some positive news soon

annahenr Thu 09-Jul-20 17:00:12

Thank you @PlanBea I'm really hoping this is something to do with ovulation so I get some positive news soon!

I just have a really bad feeling about it

annahenr Fri 10-Jul-20 18:57:39

To update - the spotting / dark discharge lasted about a day and a half and has stopped now.

Any ideas?!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in