Talk

Advanced search

Early pregnancy - 11 dpo and bleeding

(6 Posts)
Paula89 Wed 08-Jul-20 08:58:25

Hi,
So I’m trying for a baby with my husband. I started to have a light dark spotting around 7 dpo, yesterday got 2 lines (1 faded) on the FR test, today tested positive as well. My period would be due tomorrow.
The problem is, that I keep bleeding. It’s a fourth day, when I’m getting brown spotting on the underwear, my discharge is also brown. It’s the worst at work, maybe because I’m standing up a lot. Today when I was taking the urine sample for the test I got a bit too close and I had like a 1 cm long piece of dark thin skin in it. I’m really worried, did anyone else experience that?

OP’s posts: |
SpillTheTeaa Wed 08-Jul-20 09:00:05

I experienced bleeding at 12 weeks.
It can be normal and brown is a sign of old blood. But do contact a doctor or someone if you're worried. Sorry I can't be more help

Ticketyboop Wed 08-Jul-20 09:03:12

there is a pink discharge around the time of implantation, ie. when the egg attaches itself to the wall of your uterus. However, this type of bleeding is usually light. Unfortunately, at this stage, there is little do except wait (there is a lot of waiting to do, both whilst trying to conceive and also whilst pregnant) and bleeding can happen even during healthy pregnancies. Try to keep busy and distracted and don't pregnancy test too often, as it's useless (I used to test only once my period was two days late).

Ticketyboop Wed 08-Jul-20 09:04:12

If you can wait until you are 6 weeks pregnant, an early pregnancy scan would help resolve any concerns you might have and also check that the pregnancy is viable and in the right place.

Paula89 Wed 08-Jul-20 09:15:33

Thank you for the responses. I will try to take my mind off it and maybe wait a week and see a gynaecologist after that time!

OP’s posts: |
Ticketyboop Wed 08-Jul-20 10:36:43

Good luck! Keep yourself as busy as possible. Time really seems to go so slowly when you're waiting!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in