Talk

Advanced search

Getting pregnant after contraceptive injection

(3 Posts)
OLittleTownofBethlehem Fri 03-Jul-20 20:34:48

Sorry if this is long and rambling, I’d really like some advice on how to get pregnant for the first time.

I took my last of two contraceptive injections (Sayana Press) in July 2019. Prior to that, I was using the copper IUD as contraception for 6 months and the pill before that.

I decided not to take my next injection in October 2019 and to try for a baby with my dh. On the injection, I didn’t get any periods and since stopping I have had very irregular periods for the past 5 months. My last two periods have had only 8 days between them.

What would you recommend I do to get pregnant?

I’ve been using an app, taking my temperature every morning and taking Wellwoman pregnancy vitamins.

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
elle27 Fri 03-Jul-20 21:35:52

Hi OP

I was on Depo for 2 years with no periods whatsoever. Started having periods after stopping but took 13 cycles to see any ovulation and then on the 15th cycle I got pregnant so I know it can take a while to get back to normal and ovulating regularly.

Best thing I can advise is to track ovulation through BBT or a test like clearblue. If you don't think you're ovulating; see your dr.

Good luck xx

OLittleTownofBethlehem Fri 03-Jul-20 22:10:13

I’ve been trying to track ovulation with BBT but keep forgetting! I’ve just ordered some Clearblue tests from Boots so will try that and hope I start ovulating soon! smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in