Talk

Advanced search

Af 1 day late

(13 Posts)
marsvar28 Tue 23-Jun-20 21:09:49

I was due af yesterday. Been getting negative tests/digitals.. Is there a chance i could still get a positive on digital or am i just wishful thinking?? 😞 i had brown spotting over the weekend for a few days but now its gone. So frustrating. Just wish af would either properly show or else give me that BFP 😔 anyone else experienced anything like this? TIA x

OP’s posts: |
FallingStar Wed 24-Jun-20 07:15:32

Hi, I'm in exactly the same position as you! One day late, took a cheapo test two days ago which was -ve.
You're definitely still in with a chance, lots of people don't get a +ve until way after af is due. It's so frustrating though I know. I have a FR test but am trying to hold off as I end up taking those then af arrives!
My resting heart rate is rising by 1bpm each day and cervix feels high so don't know what to think!

Were you tracking ovulation, there is a change it happened late which is why you've not got a positive yet.

Good luck x smile

marsvar28 Wed 24-Jun-20 10:49:20

So annoying. Then theres other people get a positive test like 10dpo🙉 yes i track ovulation. I got 9blinking smileys in a row without a peak this month. I stopped as i ran out of tests.. so i don't actually no if i ended up ovulating or not. I hate the waiting around. Just wish af would hurry up and come if its going to lol hopefully you get your bfp soon 🙏 xx

LS2020 Wed 24-Jun-20 13:35:52

@marsvar28 I’m in same position - feel like body is playing around with me. I did a test yesterday but was with random urine so probably wasn’t too reliable but don’t think I can face the BFN testing again. I’ve had really bad AF feeling since Sunday and actually thought it would come a day early on Monday so been so surprised it hasn’t arrived yet. I did use to have a day longer cycles but not had one in 6 months so not sure if body just going back and too much wishful thinking. As you say it’s almost worse than it not coming because at least can prepare for next cycle xx

LS2020 Wed 24-Jun-20 13:36:59

@FallingStar ooh the RHR is a good sign, mine yanked on Sunday (to coincide with the feelings it was incoming), it’s risen now but still normal AF level so not reading a lot into it 😔

LS2020 Wed 24-Jun-20 13:37:10

Tanked*

chrissagcat Wed 24-Jun-20 18:09:56

@marsvar28 I know! I think I'm 11dpo at least and negative (random pee) test today. Due AF tomorrow. My RHR has spiked yesterday and now down by 1bpm. Cramping too. Not sure i would still have cramping this close to AF if I was preg?

marsvar28 Wed 24-Jun-20 19:29:30

Thanks for commenting everyone. Another negative digital today and still no sign of af.. im trying to hold off testing again until monday when im a week late (if i get that far). Wondering has that happened anyone? A positive test once af has been a week or so late?? Think im just trying to convince myself that it could turn up positive eventually🙉

LS2020 Wed 24-Jun-20 20:23:40

@marsvar28 a digital usually needs a higher HCG concentration - do you have any FRER? You might have better luck

marsvar28 Wed 24-Jun-20 21:17:47

I ran out of frer last week. Have more coming on friday. Would the clearblue didgital weeks indicator even be too early for hcg aswell? This was my frer last wednesday. I thought i could see a line but not sure if eyes were playing tricks on me or not lol x

Glitterandunicorns Wed 24-Jun-20 21:22:18

Hi @marsvar28. That FRER looks to me like a very early positive.
Any digital test needs a higher concentration of HCG to show a positive, so its def best to try again with a FRER.
Best of luck!

marsvar28 Wed 24-Jun-20 21:28:27

@Glitterandunicorns do you think so? I could def see a really faint line on those tests last week. I'll test again on friday when my tests arrive. Oh i really hope so🤞🤞 not sure what dpo i could be as didnt test but had 9days of flashing smileys from 30th May - 7th may. Ran out of ovulations so was never able to see my peak if i got it after those 9flashes🙉

chrissagcat Thu 25-Jun-20 13:32:00

Due today and nothing so far. Took test this morning and not even a squinter. Not sure what to think. RHR is down a bit and boobs not as sore. Also cramping stopped

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in