Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hycosy scans (maube spelled wrong)

(4 Posts)
lulabelle Tue 25-Sep-07 13:50:38

Anyone had any experience of these, my sister is having one on Thursday and she is really worried about it, the few people she knows that have had one have told her horror stories! I'm not sure if this is the correct spelling but it is basically injecting a dye into her fallopian tubes. Any advice that I can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

orangehead Wed 26-Sep-07 00:19:09

I dont know but probably someone on here will. I hope all goes well

Beena Thu 27-Sep-07 18:38:43

I had this done 2 weeks ago - was nervous as hell ebfore but it helped having hubby there to hold my hands. It was so much better than expected. The only uncomfortable bit was when the dye went into my womb but only a bit of period type cramps that's it and had the cramps for about 2-3 days after that - no worse than a period at all and good to know tubes were clear for me. Plus it can make you extra fertile for 3 months after it as it effectively gives your tubes a jet wash out so fingers crossed it helps your sister.

Impatience Fri 28-Sep-07 20:15:02

Hi Lulabelle. Tell her it's not the most pleasant thing, but it's over pretty quick and the discomfort is like having a smear and bad period cramps, and they go away quickly. I felt pretty feeble afterwards, so tell her to take the whole day off and go straight home to lie on the sofa and watch rubbish tv. She could take painkillers before it to numb it a bit. It's uncomfortable, and not very dignified, but it's worth it. She shouldn't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now