Talk

Advanced search

Low fertility to peak?

(7 Posts)
Turtle07 Thu 18-Jun-20 20:10:59

Hi all, we are on month 2 of TTC. Last month I used clearblue digital ovulation test, and I had a few days low, 2 high days with flashing smiley and then my peak static smiley arrived. No success so trying again this month. I have had 3 days low and then this morning was a static smiley showing peak. Can this be right, I seem to have missed any high days and gone straight to peak? Would this mean our chances this month are null, we have DTD yet as was anticipating being able to get a few attempts in there before the peak day 😂

OP’s posts: |
Turtle07 Thu 18-Jun-20 20:12:01

**haven’t DTD yet

Waiting2BAMummy Thu 18-Jun-20 20:23:47

It can happen @Turtle07 remember the flashing smiley picks up a surge in estrogen and the static a surge in LH. If you started getting your estrogen surge before you started testing or around the time of then the test will establish that already raised level as a baseline and therefore you wouldn’t get a flashing smiley because it doesn’t detect a significant surge from that baseline.

Sorry I’ve waffled a little there but I hope that makes sense.

Fran2020 Thu 18-Jun-20 20:25:32

Mine went straight from low to peak last month, I think it's when it doesn't clearly detect the other hormone. But the LH surge (when you get peak) is the important one. As long as your DTD! What's your CM been like? I

Fran2020 Thu 18-Jun-20 20:27:57

Sorry just seen you haven't DTD. DTD for the next few days as you ovulate 12-36 hours after the LH surge I believe. Good luck!

Turtle07 Thu 18-Jun-20 20:31:57

@Waiting2BAMummy @Fran2020 Thanks both for your quick replies 😊. Yes that makes sense, I was just worrying that as last month had been so ‘textbook’, if there hadn’t been any high days this month it meant something was wrong. So it’s the peak result that’s the important one and doesn’t mean it’s too late? Thanks smile. Amy x

Waiting2BAMummy Thu 18-Jun-20 20:39:06

It isn’t too late @Turtle07 though from what I’ve read the clearblue digital OPK’s pick up the surge later than some other OPK’s so you need to get off of here go dtd!! 😂

Good luck x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in