Talk

Advanced search

Am I going crazy?

(5 Posts)
RainbowCloud6 Fri 12-Jun-20 21:34:26

DTD on Monday after we decided to TTC. Based on EWCM it seemed like the right time (worked for DC1).
But then I realised my last period started 17th May, so it is due in a couple of days, so the dates don't add up. Is it possible to ovulate less than a week before your period?
But somehow I have felt really weird all week, really bad waves of nausea (I am never nauseous!), bloated, headaches, tiredness. I don't think it is possible for symptoms to appear this quickly? They literally started the next day. In my last pregnancy I had no symptom until about 10 weeks in. I am starting to think I am imagining it all.

OP’s posts: |
Curiosity101 Fri 12-Jun-20 22:37:22

It's not very likely that you ovulated a week before your period. The date of your period is determined by your luteal phase length (the length of time after you ovulate). Most people's luteal phase is 12-14 days, so if you ovulate late and don't conceive then you will normally end up with a much longer cycle than usual.

So... it's certainly possible that you ovulated late. If you did ovulate on Monday then I'd expect your period or a positive HPT in 12-14 days time.

Good luck!

flatoutpanic Fri 12-Jun-20 22:45:52

Could you have already been pregnant before Monday?

RainbowCloud6 Sat 13-Jun-20 00:41:13

Thank you both!
So that would make my cycle about 35 days right? Is this quite likely when they are almost always exactly 28 days? All very strange!
The only other time we could have conceived is 5 days after the first day of my period, so that would be unlikely too (especially as we used protection).
This wait is going to drive me crazy!

OP’s posts: |
Curiosity101 Sat 13-Jun-20 13:11:05

Hormones are weird things - even if you do normally have a 28 day cycle there are a number of things that can throw it off. Weight loss, drastic changes in diet, stress, illness, medication, etc.

My guess is that either your period will arrive as usual, or you're correct and you ovulated on Monday so it will arrive in.. 7-9 days time or you'll be able to do a HPT around then.

But you shouldn't be feeling any symptoms as a result of a pregnancy yet if you ovulated on Monday. So that's more likely to just be bad PMS, linked to the rising Progesterone and Oestrogen levels.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in