Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me with dates please

(5 Posts)
Mayhammonkey Fri 12-Jun-20 15:56:31

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with dates. My last period was 6/5/20 I ovulated late so didn’t ovulate 1/6/20 yesterday I got my BFP at 10 DPO. I decent line for only 10 days. How am I dating this pregnancy? I’m a bit clueless when it comes to all these dates and days. Appreciate any help. X

OP’s posts: |
peachypetite Fri 12-Jun-20 15:58:02

The nhs has an online calculator, where you enter the first day of your last period and average cycle length.
I wouldn’t get too hung up on your due date yet. The sonographer will tell you at your 12 week scan
Congrats!

Literaryseed Fri 12-Jun-20 16:10:04

www.healthline.com/health/baby/due-date-calculator
I used this calculator OP which you can adjust for luteal period or you can find calculators which go off ovulation date. I find them more accurate for me having a late ovulation and short luteal period.

Curiosity101 Fri 12-Jun-20 16:26:05

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Like a PP said, if you're in the UK then the NHS will base it on the first day of your last period.

They will then adjust it at your dating scan. Based on your dates you'll actually be 10-11 weeks so will probably end up going back a week or two later to have a second 12 week scan cause the baby probably won't be big enough for all the measurements they want to do.

We had a private viability/dating scan at 8 weeks and my EDD was put back by 10 days. I tried to explain this to my midwife at my booking appointment cause I knew I wouldn't be 12 weeks at my 12 week scan and I didn't want them to waste their time when they'd have to redo it anyway. She said they couldn't use the information from my private scan and have to base it on LMP until they do their own dating scan.

Mayhammonkey Fri 12-Jun-20 18:30:00

Thank you all for replying!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in