Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ok mumsnet jury (and i know its been done to death ) pregnant or not pregnant

(23 Posts)
debbsyandsonn Sun 23-Sep-07 20:08:51

I have a 9 mth old baby boy that took us 2.5 yrs to concieve.But i have a niggle that im pg,not been TOO careful iyswim and not due until the end of the month, 4th to be exact, but got realllly sore boobs that are `leaking ( i finished feeding ds at 6 mths and had nothing) but and this is the weird thing i got really constipated (sorry) before i found out i was pg with ds and really bad backache and i have exactly the same symptoms now blush so come on mumsnet jury what do you think?? hmmmm
feeling a little scared now.

nomoremagnolia Sun 23-Sep-07 20:20:42

No idea if you're pg or not I'm afraid - but can I just say how time has flown - your pg was one I followed when I first joined MN!! Can't believe your DS is now 9 months shock
FWIW I get a bit of constipation before AF so it could be that your AF symptoms are different post pg? Mine changed after coming off the pill - I never had sore boobs before AF either on pill or before I wen on it but do now ( well did before I started Clomid, but that's another story...)
Would being pg be the worst thing in the world or just a little unexpected?

goingfor3 Sun 23-Sep-07 20:25:16

If you have a regular 28 day cycle you are not due for 11 days, far to early to tell as you wouldn't have even implanted yet. My boobs still leaked on and off for at least 9 m0onths after I finished bf.

debbsyandsonn Sun 23-Sep-07 20:27:40

hi magnolia i can remember you i can remember your lovely messages,just unusual as other afs havent involved any tummy trouble blush no not the end of the world just really dont know how i would cope now im back at work,its really hard with one so god knows what it would be like with 2. xx

debbsyandsonn Sun 23-Sep-07 20:28:47

thanks going4three thats made me feel a little relieved x

Egg Sun 23-Sep-07 20:29:49

Must be honest I had a feeling I was pg this time aaaaaaaaaages before period was due. I just had an inkling, and was feeling a bit crappy. Don't think leaking breasts would be a sign though, as the majority of people would not have any kind of leakage until much later in a pg, think that is more likely linked to your last pg (although I am no expert!!).

Good luck either way!

debbsyandsonn Sun 23-Sep-07 20:36:50

thanks egg thats what i have a feeling

nomoremagnolia Sun 23-Sep-07 20:42:35

I'm sure you'll cope if it is and laugh at yourself if it's not!
I agree with egg that your boobs 'leaking' is more likely to be related to your last pg rather than a new one - I have not heard of it until much later in a pg but am no expert (well I'm still here on the ttc boards ) Having said that if you've got a feeling I really believe that we know our own bodies, so...
Best of luck for whatever answer you want, sorry I'm not much use blush

debbsyandsonn Sun 23-Sep-07 21:00:29

thanks magnolia good luck to you too ill keep a watch out for you (when i do get chance to come on here not that often these days) hope you get your bfp soon xx

nomoremagnolia Sun 23-Sep-07 21:02:42

Thanks Debbsy and good luck

debbsyandsonn Sun 23-Sep-07 21:05:35

xx

debbsyandsonn Mon 24-Sep-07 08:08:34

Well deffo think i am if anyone can remember last time i started with sickness v v early and always at 3am and 7am well guess what this morning bang on the dot.Dh doesnt fill me with confidence when he says what are we gonna do??

goingfor3 Mon 24-Sep-07 08:09:50

If you are pregnant you'll manage!

mindalina Mon 24-Sep-07 08:11:08

I think you need to do a test to find out for sure. Have you got one at home?

Piggy Mon 24-Sep-07 08:13:11

But you're still not due for 10 days - is that right? Would the HCG levels be high enough to make you sick or indeed give you any symptoms at all?

belgo Mon 24-Sep-07 08:15:06

I also think the leaking boobs are linked to your last pregnancy, because Im getting those despite having stopped bfing 5 months ago and not being pregnant (wish I was though!)

All you can do is wait and test when your period doesn't turn up.

good luck!

belgo Mon 24-Sep-07 08:16:11

I've also managed to have 'morning sickness' for every month we've been TTC - despite not being pregnant - the mind can play very convincing tricks on the body.

Flamesparrow Mon 24-Sep-07 08:17:02

I have heard of leaking this early if breastfeeding finished that recently. I also get symptoms very early on, so that isn't impossible too (it could be that your cycle means you conceive on day 7 or something).

BUT - it could also just be coincidence and not pregnant.

Pretty much the only way to tell is to test, but I can tell you from experience, if you test NOW and it is negative, you will spend the next week or so wanting to keep retesting because you don't know if it was negative negative or just too early negative wink

goingfor3 Mon 24-Sep-07 08:25:19

There won't be any hcg, that's only produced when the egg implants which usually happens between day five and ten after ovualtion. I have more pregnancy symptoms before af than I do before pregnancy!

Egg Mon 24-Sep-07 09:25:02

I definitely felt pg by day 14 of my cycle this time. Definitely felt strange, sick, basically just odd. We had sex on day 8 and day 15 of my cycle, and no other dates. We were not officially trying, more like you debbsy and just not being careful that month (were planning to start trying the next month tho...). So anyway, I am pretty sure I got pg on the day 8 time, although maybe also on day 15 as am having twins and they can be conceived on different occasions if non identical!

However, although I was pretty convinced I was pg, I did wait until day 31 of cycle (am normally 28 days) before testing. Have seen various people on here testing very early though and getting BFPs at 3.5 weeks pg.

Will be watching with interest! There'll be lots of people to offer support if you are pg, I think there are loads of ladies on here with small gaps between children grin.

Piggy Mon 24-Sep-07 09:38:03

I have a 12 month gap between mine and even that is do-able. Just. smile

debbsyandsonn Mon 24-Sep-07 20:49:51

thanks all for your advice well im doing ok i think hmm going to try and put it out of my mind till weekend

debbsyandsonn Sat 29-Sep-07 21:17:53

it came i got my period feel glad but also a little sad lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now