Talk

Advanced search

TTC 2nd baby

(6 Posts)
MamaGeePee Sat 06-Jun-20 16:08:49

OH and I are trying for baby #2. We started in May, and I just got AF today as every app in the world predicted. I just thought it would be positive, even got line eyes this morning and convinced myself that I saw a faint positive (won't be doing that again!). I know it's only the first month of trying, but with DD, it literally took only one time (a month after we got engaged!). I never thought it would happen straight away again but had a glimmer of hope. I'm sure some people are probably annoyed, as I have a beautiful DD 20 months old that I love with all my heart, and it was only 1 month of trying. But I am a little disappointed today, and thought I would come and share it with you fine ladies. I have PCOS and fibroids and I keep feeling like first time was luck the rest of the journey is going to be long road.

OP’s posts: |
YouBoggleMyMind Sat 06-Jun-20 17:02:35

Also trying for baby #2. Also have PCOS. I'm taking metformin and have just done a round of 100mg clomid and waiting for ovulation.

You're allowed to be disappointed but dust yourself off and go again this month! Fingers crossed!

Slippingcareer Sat 06-Jun-20 18:42:46

My son is also 20 months and was conceived on 2nd month of trying.

Currently on cycle 8 of TTC number 2. I never thought it would take this long as having such an easy time with my son.

However reading threads on here shows me that this is not unusual.

MamaGeePee Sat 06-Jun-20 19:35:10

Yeah I've read about secondary infertility and things but it's so hard. Been symptom spotting throughout tww and now it just all feels a waste. We will definitely keep trying.

We postponed our autumn wedding to next autumn and as we were due to start trying after the wedding we thought we would get started now. But it has kind of made me heart heavy. Just hoping I can relax a bit more this next month.

Curiosity101 Sat 06-Jun-20 20:26:50

I often wonder if we'll end up in a similar position if we TTC #2. We conceived DS on the second month of trying. I'm trying to mentally gear myself up for 6-12 months (which is what I'd prepared myself for when we originally started TTC). But I do feel like this time, even though I'm trying to be realistic, I've got the same optimism/hope you've described.

All I can say is that I definitely understand the feelings you're having, but at least we can be comforted by the fact that we can conceive. Also, I don't know about you but other than conceiving roughly when we wanted to, literally nothing about of the rest of the pregnancy 'went to plan' grin So I am trying to be a lot more relaxed about the whole process if me and DH do decide to try for #2.

MamaGeePee Sat 06-Jun-20 22:01:18

@Curiosity101 literally nothing else went to plan lol i had hyperemesis starting at week 6 and was signed off work for the rest of my pregnancy and then i suffered with spd just after my first trimester. Both of which I am told will come with vengeance 2nd time round. Well here is to another week of AF eye roll but also another week of trying wink and then a painstaking tww.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in