Talk

Advanced search

Is this a chemical? False positive? So upset

(10 Posts)
MrsSam88 Sat 06-Jun-20 07:28:39

So yesterday at 9dpo using fmu I got a faint positive (see pic) then in the evening I got a bfn after 4 hour hold. I’ve just done one this morning at 10dpo BFN again. Using the same tests. I’m so upset. Why did I do this to myself. Was that first test faulty or an evap line 😭

OP’s posts: |
ivfgottostaypositive Sat 06-Jun-20 07:44:55

An embryo can release an initial amount of hcg when it attempts to implant which is why lots of women get a faint BFP on 9DPO - if the implantation doesn't complete this is why you then get BFN the following day

Littlepoppet1 Sat 06-Jun-20 07:52:19

Sorry this has happened, in the nicest way possible this is why you shouldn’t test so early, it can really mess with your emotions!! Really nothing to be gained from testing anything before AF is due imo. It’s unlikely to be a false positive and there is definitely colour in it so I would say a chemical I’m afraid sad

Mctm123 Sat 06-Jun-20 09:12:44

I had the same last week and was gutted when I came on. This hasn’t happened to me before as we are dealing with secondary infertility for the past 4 years and have had 3 losses following Ivf but I took it as a positive that we had at least conceived it just didn’t implant...it’s kind of give me hope for the future that maybe it’s possible. My partner has low motility so we have been told it’s highly unlikely the sperm will fertilise the egg but in this case it may have done. Hope your ok xx

Addler Sat 06-Jun-20 09:24:28

It may well be, but I would wait a couple of days and test again to be sure, as my first test was a very faint positive and then the next day negative. Turns out my FMU test was always far far lighter than one I would do in the afternoon/evening. I'm 15 weeks now.

MittensTheSerpent Sat 06-Jun-20 09:30:37

Don't test until your period is late. It will save you a whole world of pain and frustration.

MrsSam88 Sat 06-Jun-20 09:48:18

Ok thank you l. I still have the slight nauseas feeling and sore boobs 😩I won’t be testing early again. @Mctm123 sorry it happened to you, I hope you get a bfp soon!

Mctm123 Sat 06-Jun-20 10:13:32

@Mrssam88 good luck to you too! Hope af stays away xx

l16bxt Sat 06-Jun-20 10:18:40

Hope you get the result you want soon. Fingers crossed. I have been trying well over a year now and it's not happening. I sadly had a miscarriage five months ago so I'm still hoping there is luck for me yet. Stay positive you got this xx

MrsSam88 Sat 06-Jun-20 10:49:14

Thank you @l16bxt I’m so sorry about your miscarriage I really hope you get you BFP soon! Good luck x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in