Talk

Advanced search

Tww currently 8dpo

(5 Posts)
BethanyJadeXx Fri 05-Jun-20 16:59:27

Hello I'm posting because I'm currently waiting to find out whether I'm pregnant or not, my boyfriend and I are both 22.
The dilemma is that if I get a bfn this time around I won't be able to try again as this time was an accident... I have the upmost desire to be a mother and my boyfriend just doesn't feel ready. He said if I'm pregnant that he'll step up but he doesn't want to actively try... Any advice please?

OP’s posts: |
passthemustard Fri 05-Jun-20 17:18:32

If your boyfriend is not ready then you need to respect that. Or move on.

beachbum85 Fri 05-Jun-20 17:27:44

Good luck OP!

I believe that wanting to be parents, or otherwise, is something fundamentally important to a relationship. So, if it's a BFN, I would suggest that you and your bf use the opportunity to make sure that you're on the same wavelength about eventually having a family, and agree on a plan that you're both happy with, or at least get an indication of when to bring it up again.

BethanyJadeXx Fri 05-Jun-20 20:58:18

I appreciate the advice. Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
BethanyJadeXx Sun 07-Jun-20 15:29:55

Hello, just an update here: I'm currently 10dpo and I've taken a test which is a bfn and my symptoms are fading so I think that's a sign that af is on its way...

On the off chance af doesn't come on the 11th I'll take a test then but I'm pretty sure it won't be necessary.

On discussion with my boyfriend he says he wants to wait 3 years or so to have children so I think I'll just have to get my baby fix by volunteering in a Nursery until the time is correct

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in