Talk

Advanced search

ClearBlue Ovulation Tests - Amazon

(6 Posts)
cammie4 Sat 30-May-20 12:03:54

Hi all

Going to purchase the clearblue tests this month instead of strips as heard good things.

Looking on amazon, there are two to choose from. Both look the same- one holder and 10 refills. Ones pink and ones purple. Amazon is saying the purple are newer versions but the price is £2 (purple being more)
Does anyone know what the difference is? (If any?)

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
cammie4 Sat 30-May-20 15:04:07

Bump

SmileyT Sat 30-May-20 16:57:11

Hey 👋 I'm guessing you are talking about the two in this pic (sorry if I've got that wrong) but one detects LH only and one defects oestrogen aswell - so pink will only show you a smile the day before ovulation whereas purple can show you 4 or more fertile days when it detects your oestrogen is rising (normally approx 4 days before ovulation) as well as indicating the day before ovulation. Hope that helps x

cammie4 Sat 30-May-20 17:46:53

Thank you so much for your help 😊

KristieP2018 Sat 30-May-20 18:12:52

I e used both and I prefer the pink ones. Too many days of flashing smileys on the purple ones and you get tired of testing. The pink either show an open circle or a solid smiley. Solid smiley has indicated your lh surge. I just ordered more myself.

SmileyT Sat 30-May-20 18:33:51

Yeah I was going to say I have the purple and tbh the cheap sticks do the exact same thing for me and you get like 50 sticks for a tenner. The purple one doesn't show my oestrogen surge so I just go from blank circle to static smile so same as pink for me, but it definitely helps some people x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in