Talk

Advanced search

A tiny bit worried that the effectiveness of my pill may have been weakened

(4 Posts)
HopeNot Fri 21-Sep-07 10:30:48

I had sex last week and as I am on the pill, didn't use anything else.

Have a stonking headache today and have just taken 2 cocodamol, and was idely reading the instructions and noticed that it says that it can have an effect on the effectiveness of the pill.

Thing is, I took 2 on the day I had sex aswell as I had toothache.

Please tell me it wouldn't have effected it that much, because I really cannot be pregnant right now.

TotalChaos Fri 21-Sep-07 10:34:08

I'm sure I've read that paracetamol can make the pill MORE effective rather than less, I certainly have never hesitated about combining painkillers with Pill (or received advise to this effect, and have not had any unplanned PGs as a result). I doubt it's anything to worry about, but of course if worried don't take my word for it, try calling your Family Planning Clinic or Practice Nurse.

HopeNot Fri 21-Sep-07 10:38:45

Thanks

I googled it aswell and couldn't find anything stating that it effected the pill, so will try not to worry.

looneytune Fri 21-Sep-07 10:45:49

I've always taken pain killers when on the pill and never thought anything of it. Only used extra when was on anti-biotics

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now