Talk

Advanced search

What were your symptoms before BFP?

(19 Posts)
Ruby24F Tue 26-May-20 20:00:04

As above, interested to know I have read so much about it. It's our first time TTC. 🙂

OP’s posts: |
AnotherElle Tue 26-May-20 20:09:01

I'm 4 weeks pregnant still not many symptoms, need the loo every half an hour but other than that I'm just extremely hungry.

faithfulbird Tue 26-May-20 20:28:04

Peeing a lot even in the middle of the night, insomnia, bad heartburn, extremely tired all the time....cramping...

MrsBrown91 Wed 27-May-20 13:23:18

Mines were.. tiredness, my boobs got really sore but it felt more like in my armpits which was really weird for me and a bit of a crampy/upset stomach the 2 days before my BFP.

Wishing56 Wed 27-May-20 13:26:23

Only one i had was heaviness and pulling feeling in my uterus that didnt feel like normal period pains.

Susanna85 Wed 27-May-20 13:30:38

Tbh nothing but I found out at 10dpo both times & also with my unsuccessful pregnancy

Early on I always have interrupted sleep at night yet still v tired

MilsCookie Wed 27-May-20 16:06:22

I honestly thought AF was coming as I had the usual sore boobs I get every cycle anyway and lots of on and off cramps. As soon as I got my BFP I sort of tuned in a bit more with the cramps and they felt more stretchy/dull pressure type feeling than periody. I also had cramps for about 10 days after my BFP and still get them now on and off (I had a scan today at 8 weeks and all is looking good with my twins!) Oh and the day before my BFP I felt exhausted in the afternoon and had to have a nap - which I hadn't done for a long time so that gave me a bit of a clue.

But I didn't have many of the pregnancy symptoms you hear about so I really just thought it was AF! The frequent urination has started a lot later and now I'm getting up at least once a night to pee! But in my TWW I didn't have any obvious symptoms at all.

Elouera Wed 27-May-20 16:10:09

Each of my pre- BFP symptoms have been different, and in most cases would be confused with pre-menstrual symptoms. Here are the ones I've usually had a day or 2 before I checked and got BFP:

- erect, perky nipples. Not sore, just erect, like I was aroused ALL the time! (noticed this in 2 pregnancies, but not the 3rd)

- acute sense of smell (only noticed it that early with 1 pregnancy)

- terrible constipation from the hormones!

Flamingolingo Wed 27-May-20 16:11:07

For me it was constipation and insane need for sugar at 4pm, both times

TheVanguardSix Wed 27-May-20 16:11:24

Sore, tingly nipples, every time! That was always what got me to test.

H8624 Wed 27-May-20 19:33:37

I had no symptoms in the TWW.

I even had 3 days bright red spotting just like usual before my AF so assumed I was out, but when it then tailed off rather than full flow that's what made me test!

Looking back at my BBT the month I got my BFP I had a fallback rise at 2dpo which I'd never had before!

Good luck

Ruby24F Fri 29-May-20 11:28:27

Hey everyone I had brown spotting this morning sorry tmi, is that something to be concerned about? Xx

TheVanguardSix Fri 29-May-20 11:33:56

How many weeks are you ruby?

As my DH (who is a GP and saw me bleed a lot in two of my pregnancies) says, "There's no such thing as normal bleeding in pregnancy, though bleeding is common." Helpful, eh? confused I know, it's not what you want to hear. However, usually, brown spotting in early pregnancy is likely to be old blood from implantation bleeding. If it's subsided, that's very encouraging. If it's ongoing and you're filling pads throughout the day, then it's a bit more worrying. Any other symptoms?

User43210 Fri 29-May-20 11:34:25

Last pregnancy, ended in MMC, we weren't actively trying, just testing now and then. No symptoms and wasn't even expecting a BFP.

Last cycle I had pain in my luteal phase but this lasted until AF. This cycle I've just had pain for about three days (approx days 7-10 pas ovulation) and suddenly yesterday the pain was gone. Just got my "bfp" (faint lines on clearblue early and frer) this morning! So they were possibly implantation pains, although I'm known to have really bad pain throughout my cycle.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you xx

Ruby24F Fri 29-May-20 11:44:34

@TheVanguardSix hey!
Well my partner and I have been trying to conceive since last year, I suffer with irregular periods and actually have an appointment on Tuesday for bloods to be taken to get to the bottom of it.

Yesterday I was feeling well at all and today brown spotting so now I'm like what on earth does that mean? X

Bleepers Fri 29-May-20 12:08:21

Slightly more veiny and fuller boobs, tired and a slightly crampy tum about 5DPO.

Ruby24F Thu 04-Jun-20 13:23:00

Is this a bfp?

Harper04 Thu 04-Jun-20 13:28:43

Hey!

I’m currently 5+3 and I remember my first symptom was vivid dreams! Ones that I would remember all day and they were crazy 😂

@Ruby24F I definitely see something!!! Brown spotting could be implantation x

RubyFrench91 Thu 04-Jun-20 22:22:55

Both times for me I had VERY vivid dreams that I was pregnant (the first pregnancy was a happy surprise so definitely wasn’t on my mind!). This time we tried casually, and had 3 different dreams that I took a pregnancy test like a week before I got my BFP

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in