Talk

Advanced search

Did you “feel” pregnant before getting a BFP?

(30 Posts)
SomeBunnyovertheRainbow Sat 23-May-20 20:55:57

Just that. I’m TTC and in the 2WW.

I’m symptom spotting but this usually doesn’t end well... I think I have a couple of “symptoms” but they could just be anything honestly.

I’ve been a bit windy, feel very tired and a b it emotional. But I am often a bit emotional.

Did you feel any different before getting a BFP?

SomeBunnyovertheRainbow Sat 23-May-20 20:57:14

Often feel tired too tbf grin

beelzeboob Sat 23-May-20 20:58:42

Yeah, strange feelings in my uterus and waking up every morning at 5

SomeBunnyovertheRainbow Sat 23-May-20 21:00:15

Could it have been wind @beelzeboob? Kidding grin

StoneSourFan Sat 23-May-20 21:01:09

I felt sick and didn't fancy my coffee. Also I had some implantation spotting. Had been TTC for 2.5 years and had never had those symptoms before. Everything else was PMS related x

Pacmanitee Sat 23-May-20 21:01:50

I had very vivid dreams, I didn't connect it at all to a possible pregnancy, but it was extremely unusual for me.

Useruseruserusee Sat 23-May-20 21:03:07

Yes, I became really thirsty and began vomiting before my period was due. I then went on to get HG 🤢

SqidgeBum Sat 23-May-20 21:08:57

I felt sick at 8dpo. I smelled my friends coffee when we were out and my stomach turned. I have been pregnant before and immediately thought 'this feels like morning sickness'. I got my BFP that evening. I am now 17 weeks.

Talcott2007 Sat 23-May-20 21:10:07

Nope - almost the opposite! With Dd - I didn't actually find out until 8ish weeks (although I had lots of symptoms with hindsight so I'm a total idiot for not realising BUT wasn't actually TTC) with this pregnancy (16w) we were TTC for 5cycles and every month I had crazy symptoms convinced I was pregnant every month - apart from the month I actually was!! Only weird thing was the night before I tested I had a super vivid dream of getting a BFP. Soon as I tested all the symptoms kicked in though!

flibbertmygibbert Sat 23-May-20 21:12:32

I knew within a week both times. I just knew. It was a feeling.

skinnyhotchoc Sat 23-May-20 21:13:59

No I didn't

ProseccoandPizza Sat 23-May-20 21:18:09

Yup just knew. No symptoms, wasn’t trying to conceive. Previous drug and alcohol abuse had convinced me I would never get pregnant and I didn’t want children. 3/4 days before period was due I just knew. Tested two days after period was due and was pregnant.

bonzo77 Sat 23-May-20 21:21:04

Yes, with all 4 pregnancies. Nausea. Unspeakable nausea. With my first I had no idea I was pregnant until 6 weeks but had started feeling awful on honeymoon 3 weeks earlier. Blamed the hotel food.

Whereland Sat 23-May-20 21:22:54

I had absolutely nothing. Only did a test so I could see the negative and move on. Almost died when I saw a positive!

GoingBackTo505 Sat 23-May-20 21:23:43

Honestly, no. I didn't get any symptoms at all in all 3 of my pregnancies until around 6 weeks.

Gimmecaffeine Sat 23-May-20 21:25:06

Yes, twice. Very subtle, like an odd heaviness, or something just being 'off'. I have PCOS and was unsure of dpo but just 'knew' and had an urge to test at around 14dpo.

Literaryseed Sat 23-May-20 21:28:32

No. I've been pregnant three times and every time it was the month I didn't think I was.

SomeBunnyovertheRainbow Sat 23-May-20 21:42:35

Amazing how different all the experiences are.

My first pregnancy I had wind, constipation, tiredness and massive spots. I’m possibly sore nipples too.

My second pregnancy nothing but it was absence of PMS / moodiness that made me realise. Pregnancy was short lived though.

First pregnancy ended in stillbirth (around due date) so now trying for first baby to bring home but pregnancy #3

Shmithecat2 Sat 23-May-20 21:43:28

Nope. Just felt pre menstrual as usual.

ticktackted Sat 23-May-20 21:46:48

I didn't feel pre-menstrual & my boobs didn't hurt. Usually I'm tearful, exhausted, spotty & boobs agonising for a week before my period. Boobs exploded in the 2 weeks after BFP, though, & have stayed 2 sizes bigger (16 weeks now). I also noticed more watery CM than usual and NO spotting (I usually spot for 2-4 days before every period). So at the time I felt great! My first trimester ended up being awful once the sickness started, but I'm enjoying the second!

SomeBunnyovertheRainbow Sat 23-May-20 21:52:20

Boobs! Yes I needed new bra from the moment I found out I was pregnant the first time but didn’t link it to pregnancy before BFP.

ticktackted Sat 23-May-20 21:55:32

Also OP very sorry for your losses thanks

SomeBunnyovertheRainbow Sat 23-May-20 21:57:41

Thank you @ticktackted Pleased you’re enjoying the second trimester. Most people say it’s the best bit!

MrsMcTats Sat 23-May-20 21:58:49

Vivid dreams about baby animals, bubbling sensation, backache and achey boobs!

Elouera Sat 23-May-20 22:00:35

Sorry for your loss OP. I've just had me 3rd loss (no kids) and each early pregnancy symptom was different.

- Perky, erect nipples. Not sore boobs or nipples, just constantly erect nipples! (only in 2 of 3 pregnancies and started prior to BFP)

- Constipation, again in 2 from 3 pregnancies before BFP

-Acute smell and nausea in 2 pregnancies prior to BFP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »