Talk

Advanced search

Clear blue digital.. help! Positive?

(22 Posts)
Leasha16 Sat 23-May-20 19:48:47

Hi all,

I am aware you are not meant to open up a clear blue digital but I have a very strong second line although it reads not pregnant. Can someone please explain whether that second line is always meant to be there or is it a control line, indicating I'm pregnant but perhaps it's too early for the digital to pick it up?

I believe I am 12dpo. I have had a few other very faint positive tests on various brands but the frer is so faint it's not leaving me with much hope. My period is due today and I am spotting which is why I am worried.

I have attached a picture of inside the digital as well as the cross version of clear blue.

Any help to put my mind at ease would be grateful x

Livinginhope20 Sat 23-May-20 19:55:13

I would say positive as it has colour

ScarfLadysBag Sat 23-May-20 19:55:39

Digital tests generally always have two lines. They don't work the same way as normal tests.

Sunshinelove8 Sat 23-May-20 20:00:03

Hey , I also open tests so understand the madness of it all ! I haven’t opened a digital though so don’t know about that but would think it would say pregnant if that line meant anything. Also if your frer and the other cross test aren’t showing anything at 12dpo then I Personally probably wouldn’t be feeling too positive myself as they are quite sensitive. My last cycle I tested and took apart two clearblues even up til the day my AF arrived ! I was sure I was seeing lines but they should be visible at this stage unless you implanted at like 11dpo or something . I think the most common day is 9dpo for implantation. I just don’t want you to go through the slight torture I went through last cycle believing there were lines or that I implanted late . Of course there are ladies who get bfp at 15 dpo etc but imagine they are rare late implanters or Ovulation was later than they thought . I hope I’m proved wrong though ! X

Leasha16 Sat 23-May-20 20:27:59

@Sunshinelove08 thanks for your feedback. I am trying to be realistic with myself however I have had faint lines in 4 tests so far. But I agree if I am 12dpo I would hope to see better lines. Just need to see if this spotting turns into my period and if not test again x

Leasha16 Sat 23-May-20 20:28:45

Sorry @Sunshinelove8 I posted the wrong @ !

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 23-May-20 20:36:21

Can you post pictures of the other faint positives?

Leasha16 Sat 23-May-20 20:46:33

@BeingATwatItsABingThing

Leasha16 Sat 23-May-20 20:47:37

Oh and the clear blue as well different pic from above

Windyatthebeach Sat 23-May-20 20:49:26

Digital tests don't work like other ones. They ALWAYS have 2 lines inside.

Windyatthebeach Sat 23-May-20 20:50:26

The rest of the tests are positive though!! Digitals need a higher level of hcg to be positive op.

Leasha16 Sat 23-May-20 20:51:32

Thank you @Windyatthebeach ! Hopefully my period doesn't come and I get darker lines the next few days with an eventual digital. I suppose the spotting I've been having all day has not left me feeling hopeful but glad I'm not seeing things on these tests smile

JunoJigglewick Sat 23-May-20 20:59:01

Your ordinary clear blue looks very much like the first faint positive tests I had.

I cracked open digital - I think they have 3 lines of positive rather than 2. BUT! digital tests are less sensitive than other tests as they generally need higher levels of HcG to be positive.

In the other photos the other tests definitely look positive too. Good luck! Hopefully you do have that positive after all.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sat 23-May-20 21:03:47

I can see lines on all of your tests expect the IC. Digital are definitely less sensitive so I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

Sunshinelove8 Sat 23-May-20 21:07:06

Ah I can see something on those new pics , fingers crossed keep us update 🤞

Clemmieandareallybigbunfight Sat 23-May-20 21:08:19

I think the tests are negative op. Sorry. With the spotting I think you're out this month.

Sunshinelove8 Mon 25-May-20 10:13:18

Hi hun how did this end up ? X

Leasha16 Mon 25-May-20 12:55:21

@Sunshinelove8 Hi hun I got a positive on a digital this morning which is nice but I'm still bleeding so I'm going to have to call the GP tomorrow morning and ask for a blood test. This could be implantation as it doesn't feel like my period but on the other hand it has come exactly when my period is due and it doesn't seem to be going away (I had cramps yesterday for a few hours as well, although I usually have cramps for a day or 2 and feel like I'm on my period which I don't anymore). Although I feel that the bleeding may be slightly heavier than yesterday which was light (usually day 1 of period is heaviest) I just don't know..

I don't want to get my hopes up especially as none of my lines have been really bold. The clear blue cross one is getting slightly darker each day though and obviously getting a positive on the digital is something new. Just wish I could know what's really going on and if the little bean has stuck or not.. x

Sunshinelove8 Mon 25-May-20 17:17:32

A positive on a digital must mean your hcg levels are quite good and you’re definitely pregnant. I would definitely get a blood test and check if your hcg is doubling every 48 hours . Wishing you so much luck 🤞🤞 stay sticky bean x

Sunshinelove8 Wed 27-May-20 08:35:51

Hi hun just checking how you are getting on ?x

Leasha16 Wed 27-May-20 09:24:10

Hi hun @Sunshinelove8 I am still getting positive tests across various brands. Bleeding has lightened up so feels like it's stopping now. Went for a blood test yesterday although really had to pressure the go for it. My next test is on Monday so by mid next week I'll know for sure if it's a chemical or not. Also gonna do another digital this weekend and see if it still reads pregnant or not. Such a confusing time but I have prepared myself for a chemical and waiting to see the lines turn negative xx

Sunshinelove8 Wed 27-May-20 12:30:05

I’m wishing you loads of luck hun xx my bf bled throughout her first three months and went to hospital twice and now five months and going strong , hope your bleeding is similar . Like you said just have to wait for results which is tough (been there myself ) keep us updated xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »