Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy test results

(39 Posts)
phoebelouise Sat 23-May-20 18:24:48

Hi please see photos I’m so confused! All taken this afternoon.

Sunshinelove8 Sat 23-May-20 20:05:51

Hi I’d expect the frer to have a line if those other tests did . Did you read the purple tests in the timeframe ?

2020wish Sat 23-May-20 20:09:30

Test again tomorrow. Frer never worked for me in my last pregancy. Even showed negative while I was getting positives in every other test. Even digitals. Frer are not all they are made out to be. Retest tomorrow and good luck smile

Sunshinelove8 Sat 23-May-20 20:16:41

Oh really ? I must have just got lucky with the hundred or so I have taken lol , I’ll now be even more excited the frer might be wrong !

2020wish Sat 23-May-20 20:28:14

Yea so strange and after googling wondering what was going on I read a lot of reviews with them doing that. So I just stick to the trusty clear blue 6 days early. They picked up my pregnancy this time at 10dpo including their digital.

Sunshinelove8 Sat 23-May-20 20:29:37

But I hear bad things about evaps with them lol I’ll buy both (or just wait for AF ...not)

2020wish Sat 23-May-20 20:33:18

Same I think every brand has pros and cons suppose that’s just my experience with them. Best of luck smile

phoebelouise Sun 24-May-20 05:16:56

So this is photos of the same test, picture taken top photo at 5pm last night and bottom photo taken at 5am this morning. They haven’t faded or disappeared so I’m really thinking is this true, am I pregnant? I’ve done a pregnancy test HCG strip this morning and it’s negative but my positives only come up in the afternoons on these Morrison’s tests. I’ve had negatives from these too so I know they’re not all a load of rubbish, I did a boots test this morning too and it said negative. I wake up 4/5 times in the night as I have insomnia and I’m drinking squash all through the night and constantly on the loo which doesn’t help x

phoebelouise Sun 24-May-20 05:18:06

The purple tests (Morrison’s) came up within 1 minute and they have a 3 minute time frame, saw it positive immediately then I waited the full 3 minutes and stayed positive smile

Literaryseed Sun 24-May-20 06:47:59

I've never used the Morrisons tests OP but if 3 other brands are coming up negative I would be more likely to believe them. Reviews on the Morrisons website suggest false positives are a problem. Good luck.

Louisac93 Sun 24-May-20 06:52:52

@phoebelouise are you ok? Have you re tested this morning xx

Paiger2908 Sun 24-May-20 07:08:09

Hi! Sorry to jump on, I’m having the same problem, do you think this is an evaporation line?

Sarah5678 Sun 24-May-20 07:31:09

Hi, I have had false positives a few times on those purple ones unfortunately. The lines have never been as obvious as yours though so keep everything crossed for you! X

phoebelouise Sun 24-May-20 07:55:15

Hey, so re tested this morning with a urine strip from boots, I’ve always had negatives on those though so I wasn’t expecting much. It seems to be everyday for 4 days I’ve had very faint lines on Morrison’s ones and they’ve got darker and darker since the days gone on. I’ve attatched a photo though of yesterday’s test - the top photo taken at 5pm yesterday and I took another photo of them this morning. What do people? @Louisac93

phoebelouise Sun 24-May-20 07:56:52

Have the lines stayed the same colour or do you think they’ve faded a bit over night? They say Morrison’s ones are quite sensitive so I just presumed they were right because I took Morrison’s ones in the morning and they were negative then I take Morrison’s ones in the afternoon and they’re positive. I only get positives in afternoon/evening

Louisac93 Sun 24-May-20 14:57:43

@Paiger2908 is that Sainsburys ??? Mine was exactly the same yesterday
Two frer I’ve done since and both negative so I’m out ☹️

Paiger2908 Sun 24-May-20 18:42:49

I went to buy some different ones today but there was none so I got another Sainsbury’s pack and got my sister (she has an implant) to do one aswell. Hers is the second down from top. Hers looks different to mine? Sorry to hear about yours Louisa x

Sunshinelove8 Fri 29-May-20 08:21:15

How did everyone end up ? X

Serz88 Fri 29-May-20 08:28:27

Hey everyone! I've got the same looking ones as Paiger, but mine are from tesco. Both of mine have come up with no control line so inconclusive?

phoebelouise Fri 29-May-20 14:46:36

I’m still getting faint positives, even on first response. My doctor really thinks I’m pregnant with all the symptoms and stuff and has referred me to midwifery x

Lozz22 Fri 29-May-20 14:57:03

I never had any issues with the Morrison's own brand pregnancy tests. Didn't with the Tesco's ones either for the other poster. I did however get a brand years ago which showed positives on every single test but clear blue was negative so the Dr dismissed it as a faulty batch but I had a really heavy and clotty period afterwards. Didn't realise until years later that clear blue need higher levels of HCG

Sunshinelove8 Fri 29-May-20 19:50:07

Phoebelouise did they do a hcg blood test ? That would tell them Straight away x

Moominmiss Fri 29-May-20 19:55:42

@Paiger2908 but the test you got your sister to take also looks positive? But you say she has an implant so I take it she’s not?
I’d get a whole different brand, even if you have to order online and wait a little bit. Hopefully by the time they arrive if you are pregnant your hcg will have risen enough to get a more definitive answer.

@phoebelouise I’d have requested that your doctor do a simple hcg blood test that they then repeat in 48-72 hours. It leaves no rooms for second guessing, either the hcg rises/doubles or it doesn’t. Then you have an answer.

Fingers crossed for both of you though

phoebelouise Fri 29-May-20 19:57:41

I will phone the doctors back tomorrow but when I spoke to the doctor she said “if you’re possibly pregnant, you don’t see a GP anymore!” I was like erm ok, wasn’t like this when I had my son 😒

Sunshinelove8 Sat 30-May-20 09:16:11

What is your doctor on about 😖 at least test your bloods to establish what’s happening before sending you to a midwife ?? See another gp x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »