Talk

Advanced search

Positive after period

(7 Posts)
lifeisalwaysstrange Sat 23-May-20 18:22:29

Hi all

Hope you dont mind me posting this as it is for a friend and not mine.

Also please excuse any spelling or grammer my 2yr old is helping me to type.

Friend of mine has been ttc for 5yrs now called ( Wednesday upset as AF had arrived. Speaking with her over the following days she mentioned that AF was a lot lighter and had only lasted 3 days instead of 5.

She was also feeling unwell. Said she felt pregnant

She has sent me a picture of a test she took an hour ago to see what i thought. I can see the line she means but iv only ever taken one test in my life which was a solid line so i dont what to get her hopes up.

She gave me permission to post her to see what others thought.

Iv had to crop the pic she sent so not sure how good it is.

A test the day before AF was negative.

So basically, period and then a positive?

lifeisalwaysstrange Sat 23-May-20 18:27:32

Just to add,

Negative test Day before AF
AF very light on and of
Spotting and the test above

Csari Sat 23-May-20 19:29:50

Hi, I do see a line there but it looks like she broke the test open. Did your friend see the second line appear within the time limit and without opening the case? I only ask because if not then I would be concerned that it wasn't really a positive result and she might be getting her hopes up only to be disappointed later.

I know from experience how tempting it is to open the tests up to get a better look and have had a few turn positive after doing that but I believe its down to the way the moisture evaporated once opened as I haven't actually been pregnant any of those times.

Fingers crossed for her that it does turn out to be a BFP but I'd personally be very wary of getting too excited until I'd tested again.

Csari Sat 23-May-20 19:32:33

Also meant to add that if her AF was very light and on and off spotting then it could potentially have been implantation bleeding, which would explain why she'd get a positive after. Definitely worth her taking another test, hopefully it will be the result she wants.

lifeisalwaysstrange Sat 23-May-20 19:42:49

Thank you for the reply
She will be over the moon if it is a positive, iv told her to either test in the morning if she can wait that long.
I asked her about the test. She took it glanced didnt see anything so put it down
She thinks it was about 10min later or maybe longer that she went back in and saw the line. She then took it out the case after.
I didnt want to say implant bleeding as i always thought that happened earlier.

lifeisalwaysstrange Sun 24-May-20 11:01:43

Quick update

Called this morning and her cheap test was negative.

Im guessing the pic above which was a frer is a shadow or evaporate line or something.

Gutted for her, cant even meet for wine take away and hugs.

Csari Sun 24-May-20 13:29:06

Really sorry to hear that. Hope your friend is OK and that next cycle is a lucky one for her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »