Talk

Advanced search

Best apps to track cycle

(13 Posts)
cassie0790 Sat 23-May-20 16:28:02

Hi there,

Just wonder what are the best apps to use to track your cycle?

Currently using flo and it's mostly accurate give it take a few days.

Does anyone use anything else?
Any better recommendations?

TIA xxx

polkadotpixie Sat 23-May-20 16:44:55

Fertility Friend. It's not very aesthetically pleasing but it's very accurate

Solomon1212 Sat 23-May-20 17:20:38

I use premom, find it very accurate and i like the charts plus tells you when to start using opks etc.

cassie0790 Sat 23-May-20 22:43:50

Thank you ladies

I'll give them a try !!!

Much appreciation xx

NoCallerID Sun 24-May-20 06:30:06

Kindara. They also have a community where you can share your chart if you have any questions. I wouldn't use anything else.

Literaryseed Sun 24-May-20 06:49:01

I've always used Ovia and found it the best for me.

AnxiousAnnie86 Sun 24-May-20 07:00:20

I use premom, I think it's brilliant and has been more accurate then any app I've used, I have irregular cycles and it still somehow predicts my ovulation date! X

cassie0790 Sun 24-May-20 11:20:19

Thanks ladies,

I'm just asking because I'm thinking I could be pregnant.
Had a few faint positives (I think) but then lots of BFNs.
I've not tested in a few days and AF is due tomorrow (ish)

But I've been have loads of pms or early pregnancy symptoms since last week including spotting.
I never get pms until a couple of days before af and I never get spotting and I never get heartburn this bad - which is why I'm hopeful.
I've taken all yours advice and with those apps - the latest they've got af arriving is Thursday of next week so I'll wait till then till test again.

Thank you all for the great suggestions!

I really appreciate it !

bluebell94 Sun 24-May-20 11:42:58

Another vote for Ovia because it then transitions into pregnancy app really easily and you can input loads of things smile

peperethecat Sun 24-May-20 11:44:35

None of the apps will be accurate unless you're actually tracking your own ovulation and recording your own data in the app. Using OPKs will give you a heads up that you may be about to ovulate and temping using a BBT thermometer (one that goes to two decimal places) will tell you when you have ovulated, if you do it properly and consistently.

Premom is a good app to use if you're using OPKs because you can upload pictures of your test strips and the app will analyse them and tell you when your test is positive. If you also track your temperature in the app then it will give you a pretty accurate ovulation date.

The Fertility Friend app isn't as high tech as Premom and you'll need to judge for yourself when your OPKs are positive and put the data in yourself. This won't be difficult if you use the expensive Clearblue ones which give you blank circles for low fertility, flashing smileys for high fertility (when you're getting your estrogen surge) and a static smiley for peak fertility (when you get your LH surge just before ovulation). But if you're using a cheaper (non digital) brand of OPK then you'll need to interpret the results yourself and record any positive tests in the app. Fertility Friend is however really good for recording other things such as your EWCM, cervical position, symptoms and any medication you are taking.

If you're not charting your temperature or using OPKs then it doesn't really matter which app you're using because they are all just guessing based on the average woman's cycles, which may not be accurate for you. If all you want to do is record the day of your period then any app will do, but bear in mind that you won't know whether you ovulate earlier or later than usual (so your period could come early or late) or whether you always ovulate earlier or later than expected (which changes when your fertile window actually is).

KingOfDogShite Sun 24-May-20 11:46:42

If you have an iPhone there’s one built in to the health app.

cassie0790 Sun 24-May-20 12:10:33

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the great advice smile

I'm not tracking, just looking to predict AF smile

Don't want to test too early again - got carried away at the start of the week - so looking to get an AF prediction and go test from there smile

peperethecat Sun 24-May-20 12:16:06

In that case you can use any app, but bear in mind that if you ovulate at a different time to usual you will just not get your period when you expect to and there will be nothing you can do except wait.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »