Talk

Advanced search

Flashing smiley - how many days?

(8 Posts)
Brigg253 Fri 22-May-20 18:37:36

Just to share my experience in case it helps with anyone losing it with the flashing smiley faces - last month I had 4 days flashing smiley and then solid smiley.
This month I thought I must have missed it or not ovulated as I had 11 days flashing smiley and was going to stop testing. I used my last test strip on the evening of the 11th day and finally solid smiley, confirmed with cheapie test. So it can change each month and even though they say to stop testing after 10 days I'd keep going if you have enough test strips smile

LT87 Fri 22-May-20 17:25:42

Hi ☺️
This is my first month using these ‘properly’ and I had 2 days of flashing smileys and then the third day was a static smiley. I double checked with a cheap opk and that was positive too

I’m really confused with my results though. I’ve used these clear blue ones a couple of times but usually only use them when my natural cycles app tells me to test (2-3 days before my predicted ovulation) Usually get the same pattern, 2 days flashing one day static. This month I’ve followed the clear blue instructions to start testing 20 days before AF is due. According to my natural cycles app (which is usually really accurate for predicting my AF) this month I’m ovulating 4 days early?!
Just wish there was a definite yes or no test for us to use to take away the guessing and worrying you’ve missed it!

Chanel05 Fri 22-May-20 17:16:34

I used to get them for 6-8 days as I'd ovulate between cd18-22. I gave up using them and had the cheapies instead.

peperethecat Fri 22-May-20 17:16:04

Perspective: several days of flashing smileys means you're having a decent estrogen surge, which means your body will produce fertile cervical mucus and build up a nice thick, healthy endometrium. It's much better than going straight from low to peak.

IndigoJam Fri 22-May-20 16:50:51

I just started using them this month too. I got one day of low and four of the flashy face. The flashy face gets irritating after day 2.

ivfgottostaypositive Fri 22-May-20 15:56:12

You can have up to 10 days and that's normal - really depends on how early you start testing etc
I can ovulate anywhere between cycle day 12 and 17

peperethecat Fri 22-May-20 15:55:26

I got flashing smileys on CD13, 14 and 15 but then I did a trigger shot so I stopped testing then. I think if I'd waited to ovulate naturally I'd have had another flashing smiley on CD16 and then the peak on CD17.

CheeseSammich Fri 22-May-20 15:49:56

This is my first time using the clear blue digital ovulation tests and I tested yesterday and got a low result and today got a flashing smiley. Just wondering how many days you usually see the flashing smiley before you get your static smiley? Tia x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in