Talk

Advanced search

So fed up :(

(7 Posts)
hollywhooo Tue 19-May-20 18:33:48

TTC for 13 months now since I came off the pill early last year.
I know people try for far longer, but in that time I’ve only had 3 periods. Tried OPKs but it’s virtually impossible with no real cycle. Tried vitamins. Tried SMEP. Tried to “not think about it”.
It feels like it’s never going to happen and it’s getting me down.

Mrscook2b Tue 19-May-20 18:49:58

Hi Hun,

I know how hard it can be when your periods are over the place! Have you spoken to your doctor?

I was the same when TTC last time round just to see if there’s anything underlying. They say if you’ve been struggling for 12 months to get help xx

hollywhooo Tue 19-May-20 18:51:48

Thank you for replying.
Yes i have, i’ve been referred but all on hold now with covid. I did have a scan done privately in November and no signs of PCOS etc in fact she said everything looked great but not entirely sure what was checked.
I wouldn’t worry so much if i was having regular cycles but they are non existent sad

MarshmallowsOnToast Tue 19-May-20 18:57:34

Which vitamins have you been taking?

I read there are certain brands that can cause longer irregular cycles. I think Seven Seas is one of them.

Might be way off the mark though.

hollywhooo Tue 19-May-20 19:13:22

Yeah i’ve read the same but i’m only taking vit D and folic acid so i think i should be okay with them. I had 7 days of spotting last week god knows what that was about and i’m on almost 100 days without a period. I really want to speak to my doctor but feel guilty bothering them with everything going on

Mrscook2b Sat 23-May-20 21:09:42

Don’t be daft! That’s what your GP is there for, they will still have a consultation with you over the phone. It’s a matter that can seriously affect your mental health, it’s so worth mentioning xx

Suki2020 Sun 24-May-20 09:44:24

Hey @hollywhooo I was the same as you. I went 20months with no period at all. I now have periods again but they are irregular. I can go anything from 33-90+ days. I have started taking Angus castus along side folic acid and vitamin D. This was my first month using it and within 3weeks I ovulated. You can only take this until you ovulate and then stop and start taking first day off your period again. It may help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »