Talk

Advanced search

Advice when not sure if you have a second line

(4 Posts)
Hope48 Tue 19-May-20 14:25:17

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of help. I’m around 7/8 dpo I think and have had a few pregnancy symptoms. Decided to test and only had two Tesco ones to hand. One showed a faint second line and the other didn’t get a second line. I can’t attach pictures as I’m new. I’ve read reviews on the Tesco tests showing false positives and I’m really unsure how to interpret one possible positive and one definite no!

Does anyone have any advice on how to know for sure? Or do I just have to wait? I’ve ordered some First Response and Clear Blue tests to come later in the week. Am I best waiting a while as I’m not long past ovulation anyway? Any advice would be great, thanks!

OP’s posts: |
RyanBergarasTeeth Tue 19-May-20 14:27:09

False positives are extremely rare so unless you are on specific medications its probably positive so a tentative congrats. But you are right its best wait a little longer and retest. When is your period due?

Milkshake54 Tue 19-May-20 14:29:20

@Hope48 it would make sense to wait, you have some tests coming later in the week and there isn’t much else you can do at this stage if you are pregnant! Although, I’ve been there I know how hard it is to wait in anticipation!

Hope48 Tue 19-May-20 14:34:02

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I’ve just been panicking as it’s hard to know what to think and I’m relatively new to all this. Fingers crossed I can get an answer soon or just wait for my period which is next week!
Thanks again smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in