Talk

Advanced search

Need some advice - implantation bleeding or period?

(3 Posts)
CEW19 Fri 15-May-20 10:15:35

Hey, i need some advice. Period was due last sunday (10th), spotted a little on Friday so got my mooncup ready, was super light Friday and Saturday, so didn't even use it. Sunday and Monday was medium flow, nothing Tuesday and Wednesday, then yesterday and today it's brown when i wipe. I'm usually pretty consistent with periods where day one is light, 2, 3 and 4 are medium then nothing/very light day 5, so this is very unusual for me. I'm also having some lower back pain and occasional dull ache in lower stomach.

I'd done a FRER last Friday which was negative, then my period had come so thought i was on to the next cycle. Now not sure if i should do another test. anyone else had this?

OP’s posts: |
GeeGee476 Fri 15-May-20 11:31:07

Hi @CEW19
I'm in a similar boat as you, 4 days late and had some spotting for two days just before AF due!
Maybe you should get another test?
I'm gonna go get a cheapie from the pound shop later today!

LuluFireray Fri 15-May-20 20:13:33

Honestly don't know how to feel about implantation bleeding. I've read so many articles saying that no research can even prove that implantation bleeding is a real thing. Yet so many people swear that they have had bleeding at the time when implantation would have happened.
Last month I had very light pink spotting at around 9DPO and was like oh my god this is it! Nope. Period a week later.
But the fact that your period is lighter and irregular could be due to stress maybe? Could potentially be hormonal bleeding in early pregnancy but that would surely show on a test I guess. But it definitely wouldn't hurt just to do another test with morning pee.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in