Talk

Advanced search

HELP TTC what does it all mean!!

(4 Posts)
xxhetty Thu 14-May-20 21:20:54

My partner and I have been thinking for a while about starting a family we are thinking of starting to try in July. I have started looking through the threads but to be honest I have no idea what any of it means. All of the shortened words are really confusing can someone let me into the secret language please smile I hope to join some TTC posts soon! Thankyou in advance grin

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Thu 14-May-20 22:16:43

A lot of it is date so eg 5dpo means 5 days past ovulation. BBT - basal body temperature tracking (ie using temperature to track ovulation). OPK- ovulation prediction kit. If we are talking ivf things like 3dpd5t would be 3 days after a day 5 transfer ( ie the embryos were created and allowed to grow for 5 days pre implantation back in).

Calmom Thu 14-May-20 22:26:55

@xxhetty I know what you mean, I just started following these things and it seems like so much to take in. I found that mumsnet (MN) has compiled an acronym list if you google for that. You’ll pick it up in no time! We are also thinking to start TTC in July ish but maybe a little later. Exciting!

xxhetty Thu 14-May-20 22:50:28

Thankyou both that's really helped I will google the list. There is so much information to take in I honestly don't know where to begin!

That's so exciting @ my other half is a bit nervous I think but he is 30 and I'm 29 so time is not on our side!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in