Talk

Advanced search

Would you test again?

(20 Posts)
hopeful97 Tue 05-May-20 20:13:45

Hello everyone smile

I got this BFP (faint but there) Sunday morning and again yesterday morning however clear blue is still negative and so is FRER. I am late but cycles are a bit wonky. My question is if you got that test result would you bother testing again to confirm or would you take it as a positive?

OP’s posts: |
AdriannaP Tue 05-May-20 20:14:35

I would test again. I can’t see a line sorry

hopeful97 Tue 05-May-20 20:15:36

Sorry maybe this pic is a bit clearer x

Juno231 Tue 05-May-20 20:24:44

I'd probably test again in a few days just to be safe - otherwise I'd keep wondering what if and it would drive me mad. Remember that hcg levels double every 2-3 days so don't despair if lines dont get darker every day.

Peachy92 Tue 05-May-20 20:27:44

How late are you?

RyanStartedTheFire Tue 05-May-20 20:32:43

First Response are the most sensitive tests you can get. I'd trust a FRER result over any others. Where is the test from?

hopeful97 Tue 05-May-20 20:58:55

I have no idea how late as my periods have been so wonky since coming off the pill. I got the test off of zoom baby x

AdriannaP Tue 05-May-20 21:31:22

Test again with a FRER

jazzibelle Tue 05-May-20 21:45:21

Sorry OP, I don't see a line. It could just be my line eyes... echoing what others have said about testing again in 2-3 days, preferably with a FRER

Peachy92 Tue 05-May-20 21:48:01

Test again, aim for a day like Saturday so you don't waste £10 and are more likely to get a decent result. I always tested on day 1 of being late and got negs and would then get my period which made me feel stupid and broke. The month I conceived it's like I knew and managed to wait 5 days and got an instant strong positive. Worth waiting for that feeling IMO! Good luck

oceantides Tue 05-May-20 21:48:24

I can see a line. It's faint but it is there. Test again in 2-3 days. Good luck OP x

hopeful97 Wed 06-May-20 07:01:03

This is my other positives. I don't have any frer and don't want to go and waste more money on them, I'm awaiting blood results from docter so that should tell me. Was just wondering what everyone else would do, there is definitely a line x

jpaws Wed 06-May-20 07:20:01

I can see a line in the second and third pics (first one wont open bigger for me). Congratulations smile I would maybe test again in a couple of days with them being faint lines but to me they are definitely positive!

oceantides Wed 06-May-20 07:37:10

That is 100% a line. My test looked like that with my son x

cookielove Wed 06-May-20 09:19:10

I can see a line on all your tests!

Did you get your hcg results?

Elouera Wed 06-May-20 09:24:12

Is that test, the thinner stick posted at 7:01hrs a one step one???

They are supposed to be as good as FRER and check HCG down to 10iu/ml, but I have found them to be incredibly faint. I've since learnt there is also a batch expiring in Sep which are dud and show nothing- despite being pregnant. I'm not 9 weeks, but used one step and even at 6 weeks, they still weren't as dark at the control. I know urine concentration is a factor, but I'd never buy them again. They are cheap for a reason.

Elouera Wed 06-May-20 09:24:40

* now 9 weeks

hopeful97 Wed 06-May-20 09:58:46

@cookielove not yet, got the bloods done yesterday morning and the nurse said they should be in within the next couple days however I'm too scared to phone up lol.

@Elouera yeah they're one step, I've tested again this morning with FMU but nothings come up, very strange. :/ going to try again with SMU. I don't get how they can be faint then negative, I used the Flo period app and apparently I'm 9 days late

AdriannaP Tue 12-May-20 19:27:17

Any update @hopeful97

mrsgtobe97 Tue 12-May-20 19:41:39

@AdriannaP hey smile I've name changed, started spotting brown on Saturday and Sunday and been in full AF since really heavy so chemical pregnancy I think unfortunately xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in