Talk

Advanced search

Testing W/C 4th May

(23 Posts)
rathernotshare Sun 03-May-20 20:39:20

Hi all!! Just thought I'd start a thread for people who's TWW ends in the upcoming week - please redirect me if there's already a thread!

This is my first cycle ovulating and I have no idea when to test. My app says AF is due tomorrow and to test on Wed but that would be 12DPO. When should I test? This is all new to me blush good luck ladies xx

drrb Mon 04-May-20 19:35:40

@rathernotshare I'll follow this as I'm new too and in the same boat smile

Ltay2 Mon 04-May-20 20:16:30

My AF due 7th May and think it's on its way as been having cramps for 5 days now. Done 2 tests already and both BFN. One at 9dpo and one today 11dpo.

Now not testing until AF is late, if and when that happens.

When are you testing?

BabyDust13 Mon 04-May-20 20:19:57

I'm not testing until the 9th/10th good luck to you. Sending baby dust 🌈

Ltay2 Mon 04-May-20 20:25:13

I am going to wait until 8th/9th if AF doesn't arrive 🤞🏼

rathernotshare Mon 04-May-20 21:58:54

Not gonna lie I cracked and tested today 😂🤦‍♀️ only 10DPO but AF was due today and nothing yet. I don't think I'm pregnant but I'm so confident AF won't come, I'm sleeping naked in white bedding 😂

rathernotshare Mon 04-May-20 21:59:35

Oh it was BFN by the way, duh! Hopefully we can now support each other in non testing blush

Ltay2 Tue 05-May-20 07:30:51

@rathernotshare Risky with the white bedding but who knows maybe it will help 😂 I have already wasted 2 tests by testing early so now I'm definitely not going to bother anymore!

Bims2019 Tue 05-May-20 13:47:37

Hi all! Can I join you? My app said AF is due today, nothing yet so 🤞 I'm going to try and hold out til the weekend if she doesn't show, my cycles are usually 27 days but have been longer before so not getting my hopes up just yet.

Good luck to you all! Love the white bedding plan, not sure I'm brave enough for that 😂 usually if we DTD around this time it brings on AF, so tempted to try that and see what happens...

BabyDust13 Tue 05-May-20 14:15:38

@Bims2019 good luck to you

I'm the worst at testing early

Bims2019 Tue 05-May-20 14:26:50

Thanks @BabyDust13. It's really hard isn't it, I am very tempted so trying to keep busy. It doesn't help being at home with easy access to tests as well 🤦🏼‍♀️

rathernotshare Tue 05-May-20 14:30:54

Welcome @Bims2019 ! I'm the same, app says due on but not sure really confused although I charged my Fitbit for the first time in forever and I woke up with a lovely message saying "you're period is due today" haha!

Update on the white bedding. Still white 😂 not sure if this is good news or not. If I'm not pregnant I'd like to move on to the next cycle ASAP!

Bims2019 Wed 06-May-20 13:27:17

Thanks @rathernotshare! Nice of Fitbit to keep you promptly updated 😂 good news on the bedding as well, any update today?!

Still nothing here, I haven't cracked yet but so tempted blush Part of me is thinking lateness could just be stress because of everything going on at the moment, but I feel pretty relaxed in general. Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

How far along is everyone in their TTC journey?

BabyDust13 Wed 06-May-20 13:52:16

@Bims2019 we're on our 9th cycle 🤞🏼trying for number 1 how about you?

Ltay2 Wed 06-May-20 14:11:16

I am 13dpo today, had spotting since Monday and mild AF style cramps for about 6 days now although nothing much today by way of cramps. Fairly certain AF is on the way now, due tomorrow so shall see.

rathernotshare Wed 06-May-20 14:39:19

Still no AF yet! Did a clearblue this morning and nothing yet @ 12DPO. Not sure if I'm out?!

This is our first 'cycle' as it's the first time I've ovulated, but I stopped the pill in jan so not sure if to count those months confused

We decided we wanted kids imminently in Nov 18, but we were engaged so booked our wedding for June 2019 and said let's get that out the way first. Then we booked our honeymoon to Mexico for November and said ok straight after that (tequila!). Then I went for my holiday jabs and was told not to get pregnant for 3 months after Mexico because of zika, which they don't advertise when selling honeymoon packages! So we've been desperate for a baby for around 18 months, although we weren't trying!

Ltay2 Wed 06-May-20 14:47:02

@rathernotshare So bad how they don't mention it to you when booking! I had no idea about Zika virus until my friend mentioned it during her TTC plans after a holiday to Mexico!

rathernotshare Wed 06-May-20 14:58:36

@Ltay2 shocking isn't it! If I hadn't specifically asked for jabs I wouldn't have known. I'm starting to wish I came off the pill earlier though ☹️ my mum said she conceived within 2 weeks all 5 times which got my hopes up, even though we're all different obviously

rathernotshare Thu 07-May-20 07:27:41

I'm out! AF came this morning. Try again this month ☹️

Ltay2 Thu 07-May-20 08:03:27

@rathernotshare Same! I've joined the June bus thread and just going to enjoy these first few cycle days before the stress of tracking/waiting begins again.

Bims2019 Fri 08-May-20 15:35:03

Hey all, I cracked and tested yesterday (mainly because I wanted to know if I could have a celebratory bank holiday drink or not!). It was bfn, but AF still hasn't showed up so feel a bit in limbo. Apps now say I'm 2 days late, I've not had over a 30 day cycle since I first came off the pill so who knows!! Anyone else still in?

We are on our third cycle smile sorry that AF got you @rathernotshare and @Ltay2, hope you have a nice weekend and can look forward to the next month. I might be joining you on a June bus soon!

MrsW2603 Fri 08-May-20 15:55:18

Hi all. My AF was due on the 5th & on the 6th I noticed a tiny bit of brown blood when I wiped (soz for TMI). Spotting is still happening today, nothing showing on pad, its only there when I wiped. Figured its too late to be implantation bleeding so now just want for AF to rear its head so I can move on to the next cycle

Scarlettxo Sun 10-May-20 18:22:35

Hi everyone! Nice to hear people’s stories who are on the same boat smile I am very new to all of this so here it goes..
My and my partner are TTC (trying to conceive) (trying to conceive) and I bought the digital Clearblue indicator, that tells you your two most fertile days. I use the Flo app to track my periods and suspected ovulation. Saturday 2nd was the start of my fertile week/10 days, but doing the Clearblue has always came up negative! We have DTD (doing the deed) 3 times this week, and on a Friday I started to get sore breasts and feeling dizzy with cramps. I OPK tested today to see if sore breasts etc were signs of ovulation but it was negative, AGAIN!
My cycles sometimes vary in length but my average is 33 days. Input all info into 3 different ovulation calculators and they all came up with the same dates as Flo! I have had blood tests done to check for PCOS and they said all sex hormones and FSH are at normal levels.

This is only first cycle of trying - when is the best time to do a HPT?
Thank you in advance for any replies smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »