Talk

Advanced search

Help with OPK's

(11 Posts)
SarahLM1990 Sat 02-May-20 16:09:14

Hi, I have been using and keeping my OPK’s this month as my doctor has asked as they want to see them my cycle etc
So I have been recording them and I’m currently on CD27 (my cycle lengths vary, very all over the place) and yesterday the test line got darker than it has been but still not as dark or the same as the control line, today it’s gone back faint again. (I’ll attach a photo) is it possible I did get my positive yesterday and just missed the peak time? I find it very confusing?? Please help!! TIA 🙂

OP’s posts: |
Thefaceofboe Sat 02-May-20 16:19:40

Hi smile from looking at the picture, I would say cycle day 25 was positive. Sometimes my positives are really obvious and a lot darker than the control line where as other times they are similar to yours. Hope this helps x

SarahLM1990 Sat 02-May-20 18:02:24

@Thefaceofboe Thank you for replying, right ok! Glad that's the case, I was thinking if it wasn't 100% positive then it hadn't happened, I believe it happened at CD25/CD26 or possibly even today even though the test is negative now, I'm really crampy today and have had a few sharp pains 🙂

Thefaceofboe Sat 02-May-20 20:59:27

I always get a positive OPK around CD13 but there has been a few times where it hasn’t made it to a positive so I just presumed I missed my peak and made sure to have sex every day around that time. After learning more about my body, I can tell when I ovulate due to cramps and CM alone but I still do the OPKS just to make sure grin

Have you been ttc long?

raspberryjamlove Sat 02-May-20 21:35:19

Hi I would think cd 25/26 are positive. Did you use an app to check? I use femometer and premom they are both free and tell you weather it's low, high or peak once you upload a photo. It's really helpful x

SarahLM1990 Sat 02-May-20 21:35:58

@Thefaceofboe ahhh right, you're very in tune with your body then! I try my best to be but my cycles are all over the place! Me and my husband have been trying for about 3 years now, I did get pregnant last February but unfortunately I miscarried around 11 weeks, it really broke me 🙁
How about you?

SarahLM1990 Sat 02-May-20 21:39:30

@raspberryjamlove hello, thank you for your thoughts 🙂 I think I agree, I didn't unfortunately however I stumbled across one today actually and thought I'll try that if I don't get pregnant this cycle, or I was thinking of getting a digital one? Takes the guessing out of it I suppose 🙂

Thefaceofboe Sat 02-May-20 22:01:29

@SarahLM1990 aw so sorry to hear that! My cycles are regular as clockwork so makes it a lot easier for me. We’ve been trying for 18 months now, will be booking an appointment with my GP when safe to do so xx

SarahLM1990 Sun 03-May-20 08:15:21

@Thefaceofboe it's soul destroying seeing your period come in every month isn't it 🙁
Before I got pregnant last year we started going to the hospital for testing etc then I fell pregnant, so obviously all those investigations stopped, after the miscarriage I was told to try again for 6 months and if nothing happens they would re-start the tests, nothing has happened but I kept telling myself just 1 more month etc etc... now we're 13 months since so I actually phoned my doctors a couple of weeks ago and they have told me the whole process would have to start a fresh, told me there's nothing the GP can do so they'll do a referral for me. It might be worth you phoning them and see if they can do the same for you, I'm not expecting an in person consult with all this going on but at least the ball is rolling and all the admin side of it can be sorted 🙂 assuming you're in the UK?

motherofdinosau Sun 03-May-20 09:07:11

Morning! Your notebook looks exactly the same as i do mine... Such a great way of looking at it all!
Id say your peak was day 26 so ovulate yesterday. Make sure you Dtd today just to help

SarahLM1990 Sun 03-May-20 14:48:00

@motherofdinosau oh really!? I just thought it was the best way to keep track of it 🙂
I am doing the sperm meets egg plan this month so from what I remember I have to do 3 days in a row from yesterday..? I think 😆

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in