Talk

Advanced search

Exercise and TTC

(5 Posts)
CMM20 Mon 27-Apr-20 19:26:37

Hey, I just wanted to pop on here to get some advice on exercise and TTC. Up until corona happened, I was a pretty active person- I trained 3/4/5 times a week- walked the dog etc. Since corona, my motivation has been non-existent!- I still walk the dog twice a day and the odd hour of pilates but thats about it. I'm worried that a lot of people on here talk about exercising to help in TTC. Does anyone have any experience/ advice? Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
Milkshake54 Mon 27-Apr-20 19:41:44

I used an app called FIIT they have a mix of workouts - cardio/strength/rebalance. They are either 25mins or 40mins - which I found the 25mins to be great! They even have 10mins on there now!
They have a free version or a paid version - on the paid version they have ‘live classes’ where using a tracker (the one the well or an Apple Watch) you can compete with other people who are all doing it at the same time - as you get ‘Fiit points’ I found it really good and motivating!

Worth playing round with the free version and see if you like it!

Curiosity101 Mon 27-Apr-20 19:56:25

It's only anecdotal but I didn't exercise much at all really. I also continued to drink normal amounts of alcohol in the two weeks after AF arrived. I only abstained from alcohol during the TWWs and during my pregnancy. We conceived the 2nd month of trying.

It's different for everyone, but just think how many people from all different lifestyles get pregnant every day. My advice would be to look after yourself as much as you can/feel like, but most of all try to stay relaxed and happy smile.

MGee123 Mon 27-Apr-20 20:33:18

I don't think there is any strong evidence to suggest exercising will help, but equally if you normally exercise regularly it is safe to continue doing so. That said, being a healthy weight is known to reduce risk of miscarriage and problematic births so exercising is probably a good habit to keep up. Once pregnant I think the main thing to monitor is that your HR stays mid range and isn't pushed to end range.

I run 4-5 weeks and intend to continue doing so for as long as I can if I do get pregnant. We've not conceived yet but I don't think the exercise has anything to do with that 😊

CMM20 Mon 27-Apr-20 20:42:26

Thank you smile it's so easy to get overwhelmed with everything and lockdown has just taken every ounce of motivation out of me. Your comments have been really reassuring, thank you smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in