Talk

Advanced search

Gonal-f for assisted conception/super ovulation

(8 Posts)
HoldingOn2Hope Sun 26-Apr-20 17:24:16

Hello Ladies,

Can I ask if any of you were prescribed Gonal-f for super ovulation?
I'm under a consultant in Epsom who has prescribed me Gonal-f to stimulate my ovaries.

I have a question related to them.

Xx

OP’s posts: |
ivfgottostaypositive Sun 26-Apr-20 17:35:44

Anyone doing IVF will have taken Gonal or its equivalent like Bemfola

HoldingOn2Hope Sun 26-Apr-20 17:40:51

@ivfgottostaypositive I'm not yet doing ivf, but super ovulation.
I've had 2 rounds of the injections first at 75 per day and then 150 per day.
This cycle 225 as I didn't respond well. Started them on Friday. All of a sudden today I had a sharp pain in my left breast and and my nipple is really sore. Just the left side. A tiny bit of discharge too.
I was just wondering if this could be caused by the injections.

ivfgottostaypositive Sun 26-Apr-20 17:46:40

They are hormone drugs so you can get all manner of weird symptoms whilst taking them - I always get sore boobs when taking them. No discharge though but again it will be due the massive dose of artificial hormones you are taking. I wouldn't worry too much x

HoldingOn2Hope Sun 26-Apr-20 18:24:06

@ivfgottostaypositive yes I thought as much. Just worried me as it was so painful. I start googling and that increased my anxiety. I'm going to call the clinic tomorrow anyway and my gp. I took a a cycle out because of covid and then re-started again and now wish I hadn't.
Thank you for replying x

ivfgottostaypositive Sun 26-Apr-20 18:52:10

I don't think this is something for the GP - you should just go through your clinic first

HoldingOn2Hope Sun 26-Apr-20 19:51:43

@ivfgottostaypositive yes I'll call clinic first thing, it's 3 hours away that's why I thought I'll call my gp too.
I think if nothing happened this cycle I'm going to to take another month out. Too much going on right now and I feel super worried. I suffer from anxiety anyway so this is just making it worse. X

HoldingOn2Hope Mon 27-Apr-20 14:33:55

I called the clinic there was no answer. So I called my gp and she thinks it's probably related to the Gonal-f and to keep an eye on it. Nipple is still very painful with only a small amount of discharge which she said can happen. I eventually got though to the clinic and nurse advised she's had patients who's complained about this before but not often so will speak with consultant.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in