Talk

Advanced search

Still not ovulating

(9 Posts)
Sitchervice Fri 24-Apr-20 20:47:57

So it's now been 4 months and I'm still not ovulating. Had blood tests done and shows as normal no signs of being infertile on a basic level. (no signs of PCO ect) I came off pill in december. Why is it taking so long to go back to normal!!

OP’s posts: |
emvy Fri 24-Apr-20 22:27:41

I didn’t get periods for months after coming off the pill. I fell pregnant without ever having a period post the “withdrawal bleed” from the last pill. I miscarried that pregnancy but fell pregnant again the following month. Lost that baby too but fell pregnant again straight after and had my DS. Throughout that ttc journey I got pregnant 3 times and only had 1 period. What I’m saying is, I had no periods but I was obviously ovulating and it didn’t stop me getting pregnant. Do you know for sure that you’re not ovulating?

endoflevelbaddy Sat 25-Apr-20 01:46:29

I was the same coming off the pill to try for DC2. 6 months, no period. Went for blood tests and bought ovulation sticks. Before I got the blood test results back I got +ve on the ovulation sticks, which stayed +ve for a few days and turned out I was actually pregnant. Guess we just got lucky when I eventually did ovulate. I wouldn't worry just yet, think it's normal to take months for things settle down.

Sitchervice Sat 25-Apr-20 14:45:49

@emvyI
@endoflevelbaddy
know for sure as doctor said blood tests revealed I'm not ovulating sad

emvy Sat 25-Apr-20 18:36:26

Oh that’s such a shame 😩 don’t give up hope though just give your body some time x

Foreverblowingbubbles18 Sat 25-Apr-20 19:11:06

I was on the pill for 18 years solid and it took me 9 months to start ovulating- even though my periods were regular straight away x

wannabebump Sun 26-Apr-20 08:26:26

I came off the pill in Aug 18, I didn't have a period until between xmas and new year 18, and my bloods didn't show any sign of ovulation until April 2019. Seems to be quite normal to take some time for cycles to return x

NoCallerID Sun 26-Apr-20 08:40:31

I had incredibly long cycles when I came off the pill. (84ish days), then took Agnus castus and managed to get them down to 32-34 days before TTC. Then fell pregnant when trying straight away.

Sitchervice Sun 26-Apr-20 10:44:22

Thank you. I have hope but it's annoying that doctors don't say anything and clame you ovulate right away until you don't. Atlest that's what my doctors did

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in