Talk

Advanced search

Question on ovulation

(2 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SH1981 Fri 24-Apr-20 10:20:13

Hi there, I’m new on here and was hoping to try and see if anyone has had the same experience as me. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for nearly a year now. It will be our first and I am now 38 soon to be 39. My cycles have always been all over the place anything from 28 to 47 days. The past few months I’ve been using the clear blue digital ovulation kits and last month I ovulated on day 23. This month is extremely strange as I’ve been getting flashing smiley faces for past 3 days and on day 29 of cycle. I have also experienced ovulation pain which helps me know when I am but last night I started my period. Could this mean I’ve ovulated twice, first one not being detected or could it be a hormone imbalance? It just seems very odd to have all the ovulation symptoms and positive tests for then to start my period. I have suffered from endometriosis a few years ago which I had removed and do have very painful periods, I always have since I started at a young age. We have got the ball rolling at the doctors but I am just feeling very confused!!

OP’s posts: |
HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-May-20 20:46:35

Hi there, OP,

We hope you don't mind but we've moved your thread over to Conception. The women over here are total experts on this sort of thing and we're sure someone will along soon to help answer your question.

Best of luck with TTC

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in