Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's friends do this?

(5 Posts)
lavenderlove Tue 21-Apr-20 19:55:24

I'm not really sure what to think of my best friend at the minute. I've been TTC for almost 2 years now and had a mc last year. My best friend sent flowers and was supportive but just lately she's been annoying/upsetting me. She literally tells me every time someone she knows announces their pregnancy. People I don't even know but know of if you see what I mean. Like "so and so's sister has just announced she's pregnant I'm so happy for her!" Why does she think I need to know? It makes me feel sad which I know is silly so I don't really want to directly tell her to stop sad

OP’s posts: |
LFH1990 Tue 21-Apr-20 21:39:06

I have a friend who does exactly this...constantly tells me about random people who we went to school with over ten years ago who are now pregnant, even though she knows I’m trying and struggling...it’s like what do you want me to say, what reaction are you possibly looking for?! I usually just reply “oh that’s nice!” And then slag her off to my husband because I’m a bad person 😂

I totally know what you mean though, it find it really frustrating and upsetting that she can be so inconsiderate, but I’m sure she doesn’t do it on purpose!

HappyBirthdayQueenieMarm Wed 22-Apr-20 07:54:35

Tell her. I mean,.....when you want something and sensitive about it it can be very easy to notice it everywhere.. so context is relevant as she may not even said it that much or the woman had fertility or miscarriage experience so shes being positive and trying to encourage you?
Tell her you feel sensitive about it and would rather not hear about pregnancies and if she doesn't stop THEN assess your friendship.

lavenderlove Wed 22-Apr-20 16:45:13

@LFH1990 it's so odd isn't it and yeh it's really inconsiderate. Haha I tried to complain to my husband but he's rubbish to bitch to as he doesn't give me anything back 😂
I've decided I'm going to ignore any messages about it from now on and see if she takes the hint.. will be harder in person or on the phone though!

lavenderlove Wed 22-Apr-20 16:49:14

@HappyBirthdayQueenieMarm that's true I could be picking up on it more. It doesn't feel like motivation it feels like she's trying to upset me, but she's my friend so I hope she's not meaning to. If it carries on I will tell her to stop, I don't want to cause any awkwardness but I think I will have to if she doesn't take the hint.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in