Talk

Advanced search

Missed pills, should I be worried??

(3 Posts)
Samjane93 Fri 17-Apr-20 07:31:26

Hello! I’m new here so I don’t know all the lingo but here goes....
I missed a couple of my contraceptive pills (combined) last weekend and have done the deed a few times since then, planning to do a test in a few days just to be sure.. the days I missed were just after the 1st week of the pack.
The past couple days I’ve had brownish / pinkish spotting (sorry to be graphic) and yesterday I started having a withdrawal bleed which was more like a normal period.. which then turned into brown and pink spotting after a few hours.. my usual withdrawal bleed isn’t due for another couple of weeks. I did assume there might be some bleeding from missing pills.
So am I in the clear because I’m basically having a period? Or is it just a withdrawal bleed and I should still do the test in a few days? With the pill it’s so hard to know when to do a test!!

TIA!! xxx

OP’s posts: |
Ullupullu Fri 17-Apr-20 07:34:36

It's a withdrawal bleed and you should be using alternative contraception (condoms) if you miss a pill, let alone more than one.

Samjane93 Fri 17-Apr-20 08:01:18

Thanks for your reply. Obviously we're not actively TTC as I'm on the pill but we're also not desperate to not conceive as well. If that makes sense. I guess I'll still do a test to be on the safe side, just have no idea when to do it.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in