Talk

Advanced search

Help!!! I need help with reading my OPKs!

(8 Posts)
Nannon145 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:23:30

Hey everyone,

So I came off my pill at the start of February and I’m trying for my 1st baby and on the second cycle of TTC so very new to all of this. I started using OPKs this cycle and I could just use some advice if possible.

So I started testing on CD6 and they were all a very faint line up until CD18 where I got a ‘high’ reading at 11.15am on this day - so the line was dark but not as dark as the test line but it was quite close! I then tested again at 4.30pm and 8pm and the line had lightened again!
I’ve then tested again today, CD19, and the line has darkened slightly again but not as dark as that initial reading yesterday. What could this mean???

Do I just continue to testing and wait for the peak? Could that have been my peak?

Also, any tips on when to test in the day, whether to test multiple times & when is best to BD? We have been pretty much BDing everyday from CD13 till CD16, had a break CD17 and then did the deed again last night.

Thank you for your help in advance xxx

OP’s posts: |
oatlyexhausted Thu 16-Apr-20 11:35:37

Get the Premom app, it reads cheap test strips ^(I used easy@home from Amazon^) for you and highlights your peak.

Nannon145 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:38:31

I do have the easy@home app that also reads ovulation strips. It has put the today’s and yesterday’s 3 tests down as high. None at peak yet.
I’m thinking maybe I’ll peak soon if I keep on testing, just confused as to why yesterday morning it was quite a dark reading and then it went back to being lighter

NannyPear Thu 16-Apr-20 13:07:20

How long are your cycles usually? Any other ovulation symptoms? You could have missed your surge, though it sounds like you're testing enough.

Nannon145 Thu 16-Apr-20 14:06:09

@NannyPear My cycles are usually 31 days. I’ve had very slight cramps but not to any particular side. My CF is slightly stretchy.

Nannon145 Mon 27-Apr-20 15:05:59

Ok I got this result today. Am I going crazy or can you see a line too?

MsChatterbox Mon 27-Apr-20 15:06:30

I see it 😊

Infused Mon 27-Apr-20 15:09:11

I see it too 😊

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in