Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP IM SO WORRIED!!!

(8 Posts)
shoneshine Fri 14-Sep-07 07:00:19

Hi everyone please can someone put my mind t ease......Im now 5 days late on my period, have been doing tests all week but got a faint positive yesterday, we were thrilled! Thought I`d do a test this morning to see if the line was darker this time but it was neg! Im so so scared, I havent had any pains or bleeding. Do you think Im still pregnant and maybe the hormone levels are still low and weren`t detected? Im too scared to tell dh as hed be upset and worryed and dont want to go to dr as Im scared of what theyll say.....please help!

mummy2aaron Fri 14-Sep-07 07:01:41

I think it is too early to worry although in your position i couldnt stop. the pregnancy hormones don;t disappear straight away it takes days so I would assume it's stil very early on and test again after the weekend.

Twiglett Fri 14-Sep-07 07:03:06

you can get false negatives you can't get false positives (although it is possible to misread the test)

I know this is incredibly difficult but you need to calm down, wait and test again ..

did you know that you should only test when you haven't urinated for 6 hours .. which is why most people say to test on first urination of the day

are you using a good brand of test?

going to the doctor will do nothing I'm afraid, they'll just tell you to go away wait a few days and test again

good luck

shoneshine Fri 14-Sep-07 07:19:14

Thankyou both of you, Im so glad someone else is on here this early!The mad thing is yesterday when I had the bfp it was urine in the day time (and i def wee more than every 6 hrs!) and a cheaper test) the line came up after a few mins so rly think it was a bfp. The test i used this morning was after 7 hours between wees (sorry!) and a clearblue! not the digital. Ill take your advice and try again in a few days. As long as I dont come on thats gd Xx thankyou!!!!

Twiglett Fri 14-Sep-07 07:23:36

clearblue are not, IMO, that sensitive, so if you ovulated later than you think you did they might not pick up the hormones

but again I would say you can't get a false positive, but can get a false negative

good luck

wantmore Fri 14-Sep-07 12:09:17

I also read something on www.peeonastick.com about the tests that bring up a cross.

I used a Boots one and after a few hours the cross disappeared

pixie04 Fri 14-Sep-07 12:17:27

Hi Shoneshine, I would wait until Sunday and then re test. Different brands of PG tests pick up different levels of the PG hormone. It may be that the cheapy test you used was more sensetive than the ClearBlue. I'd give it until Sunday then test again, apparently the PG hormone doubles every 48 hours so hopefully you should get another BFP. Even if you get a BFN if AF still hasn't arrived I would make an appointment with the GP to check all is okay.

Hope it all goes well.

shoneshine Fri 14-Sep-07 21:09:19

Thanks everyone, Im feeling much more positive now! Im sure itll be fine, Ill re test in a day or so and keep you all posted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now