Talk

Advanced search

Missed period 20 days late

(25 Posts)
NicoleR14 Wed 15-Apr-20 13:35:51

I'm looking for others with the same experience and how did they go about trying again I'm not ovulating either! Just had bloods done to check my hormone levels not had my period since 26/02/20 and feeling so drained over it! Anyone else been in this situation and not been pregnant?

OP’s posts: |
NicoleR14 Wed 15-Apr-20 21:47:51

Bump!

Dodie66 Wed 15-Apr-20 21:53:40

Have you done a test?

NicoleR14 Wed 15-Apr-20 21:55:32

I had done tests when I was due af and also a week later the gp also tested all neg so I haven't tested again lol x

AintOverUntilTheCatLadySings Wed 15-Apr-20 22:30:37

I didn't get a bfp until I was 10 days late with my dd. So I'd test again if I were you!

NicoleR14 Thu 16-Apr-20 00:11:50

I have no symptoms what so ever, would it take longer than a week late to show up on a test? I had so many comments from other ladies telling me it was impossible!

Dodie66 Thu 16-Apr-20 08:11:31

Can’t hurt to test again.

NicoleR14 Thu 16-Apr-20 09:21:15

I'm so nervous about it though its so upsetting seeing the one liners!

AmesK Thu 16-Apr-20 11:30:31

How are you getting on?
Have you tested again? I've been in this situation a number of times, when my period is late and I'm hoping for a BFP but I've never been as late as 20 days so that might actually be a good sign for you!

Give it a go and test again and keep us posted! smile
Wishing you lots of luck xx

NicoleR14 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:01:14

@amesk I've been doing opks and they haven't been getting dark at all so I know I haven't ovulated either! I have never been this late but I thought with getting negative tests up to a week late for af I thought I was out and with having no symptoms if I was I'd be 7 weeks I would surely have some symptoms by now? I'm going to get a frer later on and will update soon 😊 thank you ladies!

Dodie66 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:10:56

Good luck x

AmesK Thu 16-Apr-20 12:13:39

@NicoleR14 Ah I see what you mean! But, I would say it isn’t over until AF shows herself! I know how hard it is, this blinking waiting game and it might not help to hear anecdotes but just because you’ve not got symptoms doesn’t necessarily rule you out. Lots of people feel nothing and have a fairly late BFP so just stay strong smile

Good luck smile xxx

NicoleR14 Thu 16-Apr-20 15:55:20

@amesk @dodie6 thank you i have been taking opks but all completely neg as well I've been taking them since 1 week late to up until today my next af would be due on the 28th in tempted to wait until then to test but not sure I couldn't get any tests this afternoon most of the shops the lines are so long!

AintOverUntilTheCatLadySings Thu 16-Apr-20 16:01:36

Has anything else, apart from lockdown, changed in your life OP?

For instance, my period was late last month and this but I think it's down to childcare closing and my co-sleeping, breastfeeding toddler being around me (and feeding) 24/7 making my fertility drop.

AmesK Thu 16-Apr-20 16:53:04

Yeah it’s been a mission getting anything from the shops!
I guess maybe you’re thinking you haven’t ovulated but have you been using the OPK’s regularly every cycle? Have they been reliable for you so far? And what’s your cycle normally like? Regular?

Yep, see how you feel, can wait until AF is due, save some money on the constant tests as well grin But as I said earlier, it ain’t over until it’s over and even then, chin up! There’s more cycles to come!l ( obviously wishing you all the success for this cycle though wink)

Keep me posted on how you get on xx

NicoleR14 Thu 16-Apr-20 17:39:53

@aintoveruntilthecatladysings love your user name BTW 😂 and no nothing changed the lockdown hasn't even been bothering me that much tbh I have used opks for 7 months so they are usually quiet accurate for me I usually ovulate between cycle day 14-20 and usually judge it by my cm as well but I've had none! I'm hoping it's just a one time thing and my period returns this month at some point I have had the odd tingle in my left breast today and quiet crampy so hoping af decides to appear!

NicoleR14 Fri 17-Apr-20 12:25:26

So I have bought a pack of frers and decided I couldn't wait going to wait a while and test will keep you's updated! Wish me luck 🤞🏼

NicoleR14 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:25:04

I think there's a line!

Goostacean Fri 17-Apr-20 14:26:12

Can you take a photo in better light?

NicoleR14 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:28:15

This is the photo I had taken after a minute after 5 it got a little darker I need to get a better photo! This was an hours hold can anyone else see it I inverted the photos and both green!

Goostacean Fri 17-Apr-20 14:49:05

Hmmmm.... veeeeery faint. It’s a maybe from me. Sorry not to be more sure!

AintOverUntilTheCatLadySings Fri 17-Apr-20 14:52:15

That's 100% a line!

NicoleR14 Fri 17-Apr-20 15:07:24

My hubby usually can't see anything but he can see the line it's pink! And usually if it's a white line it fades after a minute or two but this one is deffo pink! Trying not to get too excited I hope it's darker tomorrow morning!

Dodie66 Sat 18-Apr-20 09:32:04

Fingers crossed for you 🙂

NicoleR14 Sat 18-Apr-20 09:35:18

@dodie6 I got a bfn this morning the frer is stark white 😢

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in