Talk

Advanced search

Clear blue ovulation help please

(5 Posts)
addictedtocremeeggs Tue 14-Apr-20 10:56:08

Starting to monitor my cycles at preparing to TTC.
Got the clue blue advanced ovulation sticks but just wondered when to DTD, flashing smiley or static smiley?
Is it static when you ovulate so there could be a chance you miss it? Also at what point in the cycle to start testing?
Finding it so hard to get my head around.

OP’s posts: |
Willow146 Tue 14-Apr-20 11:17:21

Been using these tests a while.
The day you start is depending on how long your average cycle is, read the instructions and it will tell you what day to start testing. I have a 30 day cycle so start on day 10. The static means you will ovulate in the next 24 hours (maybe 36 hours can’t remember exactly) but basically when you get static you should have sex that day, day after and a 3rd day if you can just incase the egg came late.
No harm doing it on flashy smile days either, more the better.
Good luck

addictedtocremeeggs Tue 14-Apr-20 11:31:01

Thanks for the reply @Willow146.
Have you had any luck so far?

OP’s posts: |
Willow146 Tue 14-Apr-20 12:50:57

Not yet unfortunately, I have a son which I used them for and conceived straight away but this time round not having as much luck. Will get there I’m sure smile good luck with it!

biscuit13 Tue 14-Apr-20 13:06:45

Hi @addictedtocremeeggs I used these, ideal to have sex every 2-3 days during flashing and then as previous poster said, day you get static and then a day or 2 after.
I got pregnant 2nd month, and we actually ONLY had sex once, the day of my static smiley (I had a cold during flashing) so sometimes more doesnt always mean better 😊good luck

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in