Talk

Advanced search

Periods getting shorter

(4 Posts)
HalfPenny28 Wed 08-Apr-20 20:21:47

I don't know if I should be concerned. AF is regular but recently it's been getting short and I'm down to about 3 days now - I turn 30 this year and we've been TTC for about 7 months now with no luck.

Am I being paranoid or do you think it's something worth checking?

It's been a gradual shortening from about 5 AF.

OP’s posts: |
TanyaLeigh Wed 08-Apr-20 20:57:24

Hello, I'm 26 and under consultant review due to having bad cells on my cervix just before Christmas and was then it will 80% return, I questioned the consultant as my periods have shortened they was 5 days and it now only lasts for 2 days, and I wanted to know where I stand if I was to fall pregnant, he said its not concerning that that the days are less and you can still fall pregnant so long as your periods continue he said if they stop Im buggered basically... If you are concerned get checked out chick but don't stress too much as they are still regular x

BewilderedBee Thu 09-Apr-20 23:23:48

Mine have done this too OP! Every month I am 3 days, in my teens it was 5 days! I don't think it's a cause for concern. However I have been TTC 18 months now and still not a glimmer of a BFP! But I don't think that's related to short 3 days period!

KatBeCool Fri 10-Apr-20 06:34:00

Many things can cause shorter periods. Main concern is that there's enough "comes out". The absolute minimum is two table spoons, which is about two soaked tampons.
My periods became very short and also very light and I found that something as simple as lack of exercise can make a huge difference. So I started going to the gym every other day and do yoga poses that are good for bringing blood to the pelvic area, every 2-3 hours every day until ovulation. It made a significant difference.
On days when there was no more gym thanks to the virus, I'd literally jump around or chase the dog around the house.
Are you periods just short or also light?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in