Talk

Advanced search

Faint line on test

(7 Posts)
cydb Wed 08-Apr-20 15:53:46

Just wondering if anyone can help, I had previously missed my period for 15 days and took a Sainsburys pregnancy test. The test had a faint line but I'm not to sure whether or not it's a positive line or just an evap line. Could anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
TheMustressMhor Wed 08-Apr-20 15:56:06

If your periods are regular, you would be six weeks pregnant, and ought to have a dark, obvious line on any pregnancy test.

If the line is very faint, it suggests that you're having a chemical pregnancy, and you will start to bleed in a day or two.

cydb Wed 08-Apr-20 16:04:31

See this is what I was confused about, as I suffer with PCOS. When I came off the pill I didn't have a period for 5 months but it started this January. Then I had a period in February 37 days cycle. However I didn't come on when I was suppose to in March.

TheMustressMhor Wed 08-Apr-20 16:11:34

Ah okay.

So you don't have regular periods, and that makes it very difficult to tell if your test is positive with a viable pregnancy.

If you do not know when you ovulated, you can't really tell when your period is due.

What made you think you knew which day you were due on in March? I'm sorry you're in this position. It's very difficult to give an answer.

cydb Wed 08-Apr-20 16:15:07

Yeah I just assumed that now my period had come back in January that the period would start to come back in a somewhat regular cycle. As my doctor was suggesting that it's a good sign that my period had started back on its own after 5 months coming off the pill. However I did get cramps when I was expecting a period and period like symptoms but it just never come.sorry I would upload the photo but I cant😕x

TheMustressMhor Wed 08-Apr-20 16:19:34

Aww. I know how much you want to get a positive test.

I think you'll just have to wait and see. If you don't start bleeding by Friday, take another test. If the line is darker, that shows a probable viable pregnancy.

If the line is still very faint, or you start bleeding, then it's probably a chemical pregnancy.

Good luck. xx

cydb Wed 08-Apr-20 16:29:46

Okay I will do.
Thank you so much! Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in