Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation help

(10 Posts)
eastview Tue 07-Apr-20 15:23:47

Did the deed late last night and had this ovulation test result this morning (am assuming positive). Could I get pregnant from last night or would I need to DTD again today?

Minster2012 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:26:13

Can I follow as I want to start looking at OPKs & have no idea on them 😂

eastview Tue 07-Apr-20 15:36:19

Course you can @Minster2012 I know if the test line is the same colour or darker than the control then that's positive which means ovulation in between 12-48 hours! I did have some pain this morning tho so I think that's a sign too 🙈 just not sure if I'd need to dtd again haha !

bluebell94 Tue 07-Apr-20 16:30:11

Sperm can survive inside of you for a couple of days so there would be a chance but I think to better your chances further, DTD today and tomorrow if you can! Good luck x

Minster2012 Tue 07-Apr-20 18:27:38

Ok thank you, they are a brand I’m looking at too so that’s interesting, have you used them a while do you know if they have been accurate for you? Good luck!! 🤞🏻🥰

Nat4392 Tue 07-Apr-20 20:41:36

Yea that’s a positive for sure. If you can DTD everyday now for the next couple of days it should increase your chances. The 5 days leading up to ovulation are your most fertile days. I’ve always used this brand and they’ve always been reliable for me x

BuffaloCauliflower Tue 07-Apr-20 21:32:34

That’s a positive surge so you’re likely to ovulate in the next 48 hours. That might have caught it but DTD today as well if you can.

eastview Wed 08-Apr-20 00:18:00

Thanks so much guys ! Wish me luck 🤪

Juno231 Wed 08-Apr-20 08:02:32

I'd suggest using an app like femometer in conjunction with your OPKs tbh. It will interpret the line for you and let's you know what you're chances are of conceiving on which day of your fertile week. Ie it's good you DTD yesterday but you definitely should try to today as well and ideally should have been DTD in the five days leading up ovulation!

eastview Wed 08-Apr-20 09:43:46

Thanks @Juno231 ! We did the in the days leading up as I use flo but was testing anyway just to be a bit more accurate. The app seems to be pretty spot on as it predicted that I would ovulate today and I read somewhere that if you dtd 2 days before that's your best chance. I think I'll get a thermometer (when I'm able to) for future!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »