Talk

Advanced search

TTC Advice please

(6 Posts)
queenqueenqueen Tue 07-Apr-20 12:59:59

Hi, I have an under active thyroid which is now under control and at or very close to optimum levels (not having my normal blood tests during this time) and wondered if anyone could give any advice for TTC! Do you think OPK is best bet? My cycles are still on the short side which I'm worried could be causing problems. Thanks in advance. Would be good to have some good news at the end of all this 😟😟

SpillTheTeaa Tue 07-Apr-20 13:12:06

OPK can be helpful when TTC. Do you track your periods?

queenqueenqueen Tue 07-Apr-20 14:01:18

Hi yes I track my cycles already and range from 25 days and less 😟

queenqueenqueen Tue 07-Apr-20 17:27:08

Anyone??

HopefulHarry Tue 07-Apr-20 18:00:24

Hi there. Last month I got diagnosed with an underactive thyroid an was prescribed levothyroxine 25mg daily. This was prescribed by a doctor at at a fertility clinic. My cycles tend to be around 25-26 days, I mentioned to the Dr does a short cycle affect conception, he said no which is true as I conceived my dc number 2 on 25 day cycles. In the past I used clearblue ovulation kit where I would get a positive opk on cd12 to cd14. But this month I'm just going with the flow and dtd every day as it has been 11 months of ttc baby number 2and so far no luck. But fingers crossed this month will be different! Good luck to you also

queenqueenqueen Tue 07-Apr-20 19:47:25

Ahh thanks for that. AF due any day now so going to be starting OPK ASAP. Should have plenty of time!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »