Talk

Advanced search

Clomid after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
FruitTwistFanta Fri 03-Apr-20 19:47:14

Hi all,

I’ve always had irregular periods, TTC for 18 months and was prescribed clomid. I took the first clomid in December 2019. I fell pregnant on the first cycle but sadly had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in Feb this year.

I’ve not yet had my first period since the mc but wanted to go back on clomid as it worked last time. The fertility clinic say they normally advise you to have a period and then start the clomid again on the next cycle. But my periods are so irregular I don’t want to wait for my second period as that could potentially be 6 months away.

Does anyone know of any issues with starting clomid on my first period after mc?

Thanks in a advance!

OP’s posts: |
FruitTwistFanta Sat 04-Apr-20 09:55:28

Anyone?

dublino Sat 04-Apr-20 23:40:50

Hi OP. I'm very sorry to hear about your mmc . I understand were you coming from. I also have long cycles and got bfp on second round of clomid which unfortunately also ended in mc. My doc also strongly advised waiting one cycle before I went back in clomid. Not sure of the reasons but maybe to make sure your hcg is back down to zero. We waited the cycle before we went back on it to be safe as much as I wanted to take it again. As frustrating as it is I would listen to your doctor .

FruitTwistFanta Sun 05-Apr-20 18:22:48

@dublino thanks so much for your reply & I’m sorry for your mc.

I know waiting is the right thing to do and tbh i don’t think now is necessarily the best time to TTC anyway but it’s just so frustrating!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in