Talk

Advanced search

Has Corona situation changed your TTC plans?

(5 Posts)
sundowners Wed 01-Apr-20 11:20:46

Wanderering if you'd planned a baby later in year but now are thinking of cracking on or if situation has lead to your feeling so unsure of things you are pushing things back? Have also heard of people who were due to have IVF now/next few months having this delayed which is so awful, just interested to hear your story.
For me- was going to have our amazing annual summer in August (which we have booked- so can still make call in June if we cancel)- as love caning G&Ts every day in the sun and still looking ok in a bikini- & literally minute we got home would TTC for DC3.

Now- with holiday looking unlikely so not having that personal deadline to TTC- wandering if once we see what situation in June is like re. if our August holiday has a chance of going ahead, but if not just cracking on with it in June? Or am I mad to even think of another DC with everything being so uncertain as it is?

OP’s posts: |
brownbear18 Wed 01-Apr-20 15:38:18

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I was pregnant in November in the first month of trying. A week after getting my BFP I started spotting which indicated an ectopic. I was lucky, so to speak. It resolved naturally and I didn't need surgery or the injection. As soon as I had my first period post ectopic we started actively TTC. We thought March was our month but unfortunately AF arrived last week.

We've thought about ttc and it just seems sensible to hold off for the time being. My DH is working in the frontline so that's another concern. I couldn't imagine him missing scans because of my desperation of wanting to having a baby right now.

Personally we are taking a break. Our time will come. We too are thinking of holding off until June. Until then just taking each day as it comes and looking after one another during these difficult times.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 01-Apr-20 15:43:40

I've had my final round (5th) of IVF and transfer cancelled. It's devastating as we just want to get on with our lives but can't - I have a fridge full of expensive drugs taking up space and are continuing to buy expensive vitamins supplements. I'd love to be trying naturally but I had two ruptured ectopics in 18 months and lost both tubes. All our treatment is paid for (probably spend on the region of £35k) so we have big loan repayments going out with nothing to show for it

Iknewyouwerewaitingforme Wed 01-Apr-20 17:09:21

It’s so hard. brownbear18 very disappointing and stressful especially with your DH on the frontline. Is this your first DC, so you mind me asking how old you are? Sending you lots of strength to get through this time & hopefully get that BFP when you resume TTC.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted must be so so frustrating. So when clinics can reopen - will you be booked back in straight away? I know it likely annoying but I do hope it gives you some hope - by dear friend conceived her lovely DD on her 5th round x

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 01-Apr-20 19:23:06

I hope so - it's a private clinic so they will probably reopen before the NHS ones. It's just the not knowing when that might be which will be hard

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in